Chapter 5

Chapter 5

When Wade finally caught up with me I was sitting on the edge of the dock going out into the lake. I had taken off my shoes and had my feet in the water.

“Wow you are fast. What sports did you play back in the states?”

I stared at my feet watching the fish swim bye.

“Earth to Alaine come in Alaine.”

I still didn’t answer him.

“So now you are just going to ignore me?”

I tried very hard not to laugh. I looked back at him. His golden hair shining in the sun and then I looked at his eyes. Somehow while looking at him he became very close to me. He breathing got heave.

“Alaine why do you have to do this to me?” He question in between breaths.

I giggled “Do what silly?”

He wrapped his arms around me and sat down as I turned to the water again. “Do you play ant sports?” he whispered into my ear.

“When I was little my dad and I played football, soccer, and about every other thing you could think of. He used to sigh me up for every sport out there. I was the son he never had. But a couple years ago I got tackled in football and fractured part of my neck. My doctor told me that I could not play sports ever again. After that my dad was diagnosed with cancer. He died when I was only 14. My mom shut down and my sister wanted nothing to do with me. she said it was all my fault that she never had alone time with my father.” I sniffled. Wade rubbed my arms making my arms tingle.

“ You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.” He said sweetly. I wanted to turn around and cry into his shoulder. He just rubbed my back and whispered things into my ear, but I had no idea what he was saying.

“Alaine? Where you even listening to me?” I finally tuned into what he said.

“No sorry.”

“I said it’s getting dark we should go. We have to start classes tomorrow.”

We both got up and Wade pulled closer to him. “You still owe me. Will you do it right now? Please.”

“Well then you would never have something to look forward to now would you?”

“Fine.” He gave up and then said. “Race you to the castle.”

“Nope not supposed to run remember. Plus you would totally skunk you.” I took off towards that palace.

“Hey that’s not fair you got a head start.” He yelled running after me. I looked back seeing his hair swaying into the wind. I did have to admit that guy was cute. Then I was looking at his eyes. I ran into something really hard and fell flat on my back. Then heard Wade start cracking up.

“You know you could help me up.” I huffed at him.

“Yea I could but I don’t want to.” He smiled back at me.

“Fine then I guess I won’t make it up to you.” I said rubbing the back of my head where it had meet the ground.

His face lit up. “Fine.” He reached out his hand. I grabbed it, but instead of pulling me up he fell on top of me. I let out another but softer “Oww”.

“I am not let you leave until you make it up to me no matter if we stay out here all night.” He said deeply.

I struggled against his weight. He was all muscle and I while I was mainly muscle and strong for a girl I couldn’t move him. Stupid boy he really thinks I am going to kiss him. Wow!

“Get off me Wade Hapmtion. I am already hurt and you are making it worse.” I struggled to say due to his enormous body.

“Wade! Alaine! There you two are. We have been looking for you.” I heard a voice say. “What on earth is going on here?” I looked up to see Mrs. Peach standing over by the path and tapping her foot on the ground.

“You see-“

“Mrs. Peach I was trying to help Alaine up and I tripped on something and fell. I am sorry it won’t happen again.” Wade interrupted me. then got up brushing off he khaki pants and turned to find me on my feet again.

He then proceeded to the door as I walk back with Mrs. Peach.

“Alaine I know you are new and all but try not to get into too much trouble your first day here. I know you are a little shocked right now but you will get used to it.” She spoke with more authority then my principle back home. I had always gotten into trouble because of the weirdest things. I think the teacher used to have it out for me due to my older sister, who was always skipping class and bad mouthing teachers.

“I know ma’am I should be more careful. I will watch my step next time and keep in line.” I replied.

By the time I had said that we were standing in front of my room. I turned to the door and was walking in when I heard Mrs. peach say something like, “Oh I hope she doesn’t end up like China. She is such a sweet girl.” I turned around smiling and went to get ready for bed. I was whipped and this was only the beginning. This was going to be a LONG year. I said to myself getting into bed and slipped into my own dream land.