Love's A Loaded Gun: Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I was looking at the floor just staring off into space and wondering about the events that just happened.

'The one called Bobby acted like there was nothing wrong with his mother bringing a girl from the system home. Plus Bobby doesn't even look like his mom nor did Jack. What is with Angel and Jeremiah? are they adopted? Are any of them her blood sons, or does she go and adopt kids all willy nilly?'

I continued to think like this when a noise startled me. I looked over at the door to see Jack who had knocked.

"Um dinner is ready."

His voice was deep but the tone was quite. I nodded and followed the young brother. As we made our way to the dining room he kept shyly looking back at me like he was seeing how close I was behind him.

We entered the dining room and Jack made his way to Ms. Mercer's right side. There was only one chair left which was in between Ms. Mercer and Angel, then across from Jack. I sat down as quietly as I possibly could. Ms. Mercer smiled at me and the boys.

"Now before we eat let us say grace. I believe it's Bobby's turn tonight.

Bobby nodded then everyone stood up and joined hands. I slowly took angel's and Ms. Mercer's hands. Everyone bowed their head as Bobby started to say his prayer.

"Jesus Christ our Lord and savoir, Thank you for this food that we are about to eat. Thank you for this day. And thank you for our family. Amen"

"That was lovely, Bobby."

"Thanks ma."

Everyone let go, sat down, and started eating. I looked at my spaghetti and meatballs filled plate. It looked very delicious. I picked up my fork and quitely moving the food around.

Everyone was silently eating, well except for Angel who sounded more like a horse.

"Angel close your mouth, do you think we live in a barn house?"

The other boys snickered while he quietly swallowed his food.

"Sorry mom."

Ms. Mercer continued to eat and looked looked at her family, when her eyes fell on me she noticed that my plate was still full. I haven't eaten a single thing. She looked confused.

"Is everything alright, Lilith? "

The boys looked over at us. I looked down at my plate so that my long dark hair could cover my face. I hate being the center of attention. I nodded my head to answer Ms. Mercer's question.

"Are you not hungry?" I nodded again.

"It has been a long day for you hasn't it? You don't have to eat if you're not hungry hun. Oh before I forget to tell you. If you like to take a shower there are towels in the bathroom and spare toothbrushes under the sink."

I nodded and quitely said a thank you. I got up and made my way upstairs. I passed the restroom thinking a nice shower sound like heaven. I went back to the room to grab some clothes and went to the bathroom.

Closing and locking the door.

'Just like old times, right bro? '

After the shower I got dressed in my old Alice Cooper shirt that was two sizes too big on me and some night pants. I went back into the bedroom closing the door as well and falling into a dreamless sleep with my brother's picture in my hand.

¤Bobby's POV¤

As Lillith made her way towards the stairs and out of earshot. It gave me the time to ask the question that I'm sure we are all thinking.

"Ma?"

"Yes Bobby?"

"What's her story?"

"What do you mean?"

By this time the others had stopped eating and were listening.

"Ma, we all know that when you bring someone from the system it's because they have a bad past. So what is her story."

Ma used her napkin and smiled.

"Well boys she has had a rough couple of years. Does anyone remember a James Paterson on the news two years ago?"

Everyone stayed quite trying to think back. Jerry soon broke the silence.

"Yeah he was the guy who went on a rampage and ended up getting shot down by the police. What does anything about him have to do with Lillith?"

"Well boys, Mr. Patterson was Lillith's father. For the last two years she has been past around by different families."

Ma continued to talk it but my mind wonder on to the idea of having a father like that. I couldn't remember the details of the story from the story but that was one of the biggest shoot outs they showed on the news.

Poor girl.

{Author's note: well that is chapter three. I hope you readers enjoyed it. Thank you to those who left comments. I'm sorry that the wait was longer than before. Once again feedback is aperciated this my first story, So commenting or voting :-). Thank you for reading! ♥MD_jester}