Background Incomplete

A/N: Today I am going to try for what seems like the impossible, sometimes.  An update to all of my stories.  So keep you eyes peeled for updates all around!!!

Background Incomplete

September 2014

Phil Roberts was in his office doing hospital paperwork when he received a phone call from Owen Blackbourne.

"Applesauce."  Phil answered the phone.

"Eagle."  Owen responded.  All was clear, this was Academy.

"Give it to me."  Phil responded as he signed his name to the bottom of the latest discharge order.  This was just a routine appendectomy, where everything went according to textbook.  Once his signature was complete he focused his attention on the voice talking to him through the other line.

"I am requesting a full background check on one, Sang Sorenson.  Female, age 15, lives on Sunnyvale Court."  This news perked Phil's interest.

"Ah, has the young Dakota Lee formed an interest in someone of the female persuasion, or might you be asking because of the ever growing Nathan Griffin?"

"This is Priority ONE for my team.  And I am asking because she is a student at Ashley Waters.  I need further information than what I have been able to uncover."  Owen responded in a clipped, no nonsense, down to business tone.

Phil sighed, "I will get right on it.  Timeframe?"

"ASAP."

"Three days, at the most.  Until then."  Phil concluded.

"Agreed."  And Owen hung up.  When was Phil ever going to get through Owen's tough exterior?  Phil had hoped that with forming his own team of misfit boys, and with Sean by his side, Owen would have loosened up and allowed familial bonds to take hold.  But it seems the opposite has occurred.  With each year that passes, Phil grows more and more worried for what the future holds for the iceberg Owen.

It has been five years since Phil saw a picture of the back of a bird with long blonde hair.  He had hoped his statement on Facebook had been true, that she was the heart of this group of boys.  They work so well together, yet they seem to be lacking that final key to bind them all together.  Phil was, for the first time since 1995, doubting what he saw from the future posts on Facebook.  It was time to complete his hospital paperwork so he could focus on his second job as a head of the Academy. 

Phil spent the next hour getting a hand cramp from signing so many documents.  When did the medical field become paperwork?  Phil use to enjoy the interaction he had with his patients, and he MAYBE had ten things to sign or write up in a day.  Now, with insurance and regulations, he spends close to an hour or two just checking and rechecking all his T's are crossed and his I's are dotted. 

Phil rubbed his eyes, feeling he was going cross eyed from the triplicate forms.  "Done!"  He slammed his pen down on the desk in his own personal victory.  With a smile he picked up the phone and called his wife.  When she answered he spoke with as much seduction as he could in his late 50's voice, "Hey Sexy, what do you say to You, Me, take out, A glass of red wine and our hot tub in an hour and a half?"

His wife giggled like a teenager, causing the older man to feel a twitch in his lower region.  Phil smiled, another victory!  "Is this my memo for nakey night?  Or is this, you have had a long day and just need to relax?"

"This is your memo.  I'll be home shortly with food in hand."

"Memo received.  I'll be the one, with two glasses of red, naked, in the hot tub out back."  Then she hung up the phone.  Phil couldn't hold back his excitement.  He was getting lucky tonight...and it's not even Sunday!

He pulled up his PC and ran a background check on the police database on Sang Sorenson.  The screen beeped, 'No search returned'.  That could be a good thing, that just means she doesn't have a record.  That's one in the positive favor.

He searched the social security office database.  The computer beeped, 'No Results Match'.  Could it be?  Has the team finally found the one they didn't even know they were looking for?  Phil's heart rate sped up with excitement, and not just from the promise of some nookie later on, although, he couldn't deny his wife was a total hottie!

Phil searched tax records for a Sorenson on Sunnyvale Court and found which house was registered to them.  He followed the paper trail of the fathers seeing he had lived in Illinois before South Carolina.  While there, he and his wife had one daughter, Marie Sorenson.  But no mention of a Sang.

Phil dug deeper and found a mother, Sangrita.  But why would Owen be asking about a women Phil's age?  Then Phil remembered, Owen said it was a girl, age 15.  Not 62.  Were they of relation?  Maybe a grandmother/granddaughter situation?

Phil looked behind him at the old Apple computer and got the bright idea to check if maybe he would have his answers by glancing at glimpses of the future.  It had always helped in the past.  "Come on old baby, don't fail me now!"  He rubbed his hand over the tower and turned the ancient whirring machine on.  But when the dial-up sound began, it made some new noises.  "Beeeee-oooooooo-zzzzzzzzzzzz-POP!"  The screen flashed a vivid tangerine color, then went black.  No annoying dial-up sounds.  No whirring of the archaic Apple computer.  Just nothing.

Frustrated on so many levels, since he looked to his left and saw a picture of his wife, he packed up his belongings and left the office for the night.  "No more can be done tonight.  Not when I have my beauty at home, eager and waiting."  Phil felt like he was twenty again as his body was reacting to his thoughts.  "Just you wait, my love!  Tonight will be a night to remember."  Phil started his car and made it out of the parking lot in record time.