Chapter Eight.

Laying on my bed, I tried to think of anything but Peter.  He had ninja jumped into my brain, and now everything reminded me of him, and I couldn't help but feel pleased when I recalled our afternoon together. I had come home smiling, something my parents quickly noted.

I really didn't know if I wanted to hate him anymore, but I wasn't sure I wanted to like him. He was proving to be a lot more likeable than I had originally expected.

My phone rang, and when I rolled over, I saw that it was ten thirty. Who was calling now? Checking the i.d., I was surprised.

"Kasey? What's up, is something wrong?" I answered.

"No, nothing's wrong. But, I think something maybe be wrong with you."

"What do you mean?" I asked, completely confused.

"Why were you on the side of the road with Peter Davidson, cuddling?" Kasey squealed. "And how could you not tell me?"

"It happened just this afternoon, Kase. Besides, it's not like we're dating or anything." I suddenly realized that she couldn't possibly have known what happened. "Where did you hear that from?"

"Well, me, Kayla, and Jane passed you in Jane's car, but we didn't stop because we didn't want to interrupt anything."

"I didn't even see you guys pass!" I exclaimed, mortified.

"That's because you were too busy looking into Mr. Dreamy's eyes! How could you not call me immediately afterwards?" Kasey gushed, sounding a little hurt.

Crap. Now I was going to have to explain myself. "You see, I'm kind of in a little predicament right now with my emotions, and I'm not really sure what to feel," I answered honestly.

Kasey exploded. "I knew it! I so, so knew it! You're falling in love with him! And there's nothing you can do to stop it!" she said gleefully.

"Please," I sighed. "I'm not falling in love with him. I just don't know whether to feel sick to my stomach from his touch or completely angry."

"You're a horrible liar, Molly. I saw the way you looked at him. You were melting like a popsicle in his arms," she teased.

I groaned. "Its too late for harrassment, Kase. I don't like him. Swear it."

"And I swear that you're in love with him. I can hear it in your voice. Say his name."

"Why?"

"Just say it," she insisted in frustration.

"Peter Davidson," I said simply.

She sighed happily. "There you have it. All the proof you need."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I demanded.

"It means you can no longer deny it. You're in love with Peter Davidson, you can hear it in the way you say his name. You probably don't realize you say it differently, which gives me even more reason to believe you are completely and totally taken by him."

I was speechless. Could you really determine all of that by just saying someone's name? "Kasey... I can't be in love with him."

"Why? Do you have some sort of rep to uphold?"

I petted General, thought for a second on that one. "In a way, I do. I'm in the girl who refuses to write a love story, who has never been in love, and is so violently opposed to the idea of falling in love. What are the odds that girl would fall in love?" I asked myself this question more than I asked her.

She happily replied. "I think their pretty darn good. Think about it; You were really just setting yourself up for it."

"And how is that?" I asked, confused.