part-2

After one week

Thayiji's health is fine now. We came back home last night. No one is talking to me. All are treating my like some plague.

Everyone came to know about Archana Di's elope and the pride of family is spoiled. Am I the reason for all these things??!! May be!!! If I have taken Archana Di's words seriously and informed to the family, this would not have happened.

I am done with my final year exams and currently my only work is to chill.

I am watching TV in the living room. Thavuji came and sat on the nearby sofa. All these days I am trying by best to avoid him. Every time I see his eyes, I feel guilty of many things which happened in the past because of me. So, I started walking towards my room. But I heard someone calling my name.

"Anjali" it's Thavuji. I felt very happy as he finally mentioned by name and talking to me. I always wanted to make him proud.

"Anjali we fixed your marriage and the engagement will be on this Saturday" said Thavuji with no expression.

What?I am getting married... They didn't even ask my opinion regarding marriage. I looked at my mom who was busy in kitchen thinking she would help me.I am sure she is hearing our conversation.

"But I don't want to get married". I replied to Thavuji in a pleasing manner.

"just shut up and do what we say. You already made many mistakes in your life. Consider it as your last chance to repent for all those things" angered my mom from coming out of kitchen.

Thavuji has not replied anything and left.

I think my dad may help me. So, I rushed to his room. He was getting ready for his office. I don't know how to start it because all these days they are just ignoring me.

"Dad" I said.

There was no reply.

"Dad I don't want to get married" I told in one line.

"Hmm. Don't try to do anything like Archana. Try to understand the situation. We don't want to ruin our family reputation again" angered my Dad.

"Dad!! Please!!! I will marry after few years of your choice. I am not ready for this now" I cried.

"That's what your sister told few years back and now we both know what happened" he said and left for office.

I came to my room and saw my brother, Arjun waiting for me. I hugged him and cried.

"Bhai.. I don't want to get married" I cried.

"Anjali!! Listen to me please" he said.

"Bhai, please help me" I cried.

"Anju, you should marry either this year or next year. Why can't you just give it a try" suggested Arjun.

"I want to get a job and make everyone proud" I sobbed.

"As of now, I think everyone will feel proud only if you get married.. Please accept this for me. You can start working after getting married also" He said and left to his room.

Bhai and Mom are correct. I am the reason for many bad things to happen in this family and this is the only way to repent. I will accept this marriage.

I went to Thavuji's room and knocked the door. He is reading some book sitting on the sofa. Thayiji was sleeping due to her medicines effect. He signed me to come in.

"Thavuji I am ready for this marriage. I will do whatever you say" I said looking towards him. He pretended as if he was reading the book.

"I have not asked you whether you are ready for marriage or not. I just informed you that you will get married and we don't need your decision for it" he replied with an anger tone.

"Hmm" I replied and went straight to my room. I lay down on bed and cried. Only my pillows know how much I used to cry at nights and all those nightmares I have since my childhood.

Saturday:
I woke up for a knock at my door. There stood my mom with a beautiful saree on her hand and asked me to get ready quickly as pandit has already arrived.

"OK mom" I replied but there was no reaction from her side, and she left from there.

One happy thing is that my best friend, Swapna has come to help me getting ready. I love her so much. She will always be my moral support whenever I required.

"Anju" she came and hugged me.

"Hey Swapna. How are you? How come you are here??" I asked her.

"Yes, I am here. Although you have not invited me, your brother has asked me to come. " she replied.

Swapna and Arjun Bhai are madly in love with each other. No one in family knows about it except me and Archana Di.

"So, you are here for him or for me" I asked her.

" of course, idiot. I came for you on behalf of your brother's invitation" cutely replied Swapna.

"I am sorry bro for not informing you all this" I said.

"Offoo!! just leave it and tell me about your husband"

" Husband!!??I don't know anything about him" I replied to her in a casual way.

"What? What do you mean don't know!!" she was shocked.

Thank you so much for your love. Please vote the story if you like it.