Chapter 6

It'd been a month and a half since Kurt and I broke up. I was feeling a little better each day, but also missing him more and more every day.

I took Tina's advice to stop constantly calling him, and give him some space. I hope this distance has given him time to think about our situation, and realize that I am genuinely sorry for the mistake I made and that it will never, ever happen again. 

I decided to join some clubs at school to distract myself. I signed up for debate, wizardry club, and even started campaigning to be the student body president. I also had rehearsal for the school musical almost every day-we're putting on Grease. I had only taken on the small role of Teen Angel; it's the only part I thought I could handle with my spirits being so low with the break-up. So I was keeping pretty busy, but still my mind would always wander off onto the topic of Kurt.

Our performances for Grease were this weekend, and I've secretly been hoping that he might come to see it. I know there is a very slim chance of that happening, but still I let myself get my hopes up, and now I can't stop thinking about it. It would just be so nice to see him in the flesh again. It would give us a chance to talk about this in person and maybe we could work things out.

The bell for class rang and shook me out of my thoughts.

"Alright everybody," Mr. Schuester came striding into the choir room, "Take your seats, I have some exciting news!"

Everybody found the way to their chairs and sat down, wondering what Mr. Schue's "exciting news" could be this time.

"Let me guess," Kitty said in a sarcastic tone, "you found a new Journey song that the club hasn't sang yet?"

"Ha ha ha, very funny Kitty, " Mr. Schue responded not amused, "No, actually it's about the musical. As you all know, we're putting on Grease this weekend. Well, I was just on the phone with Rachel, and her and Kurt are coming back from New York to see the show on Saturday night!"

My heart did a little flip in my chest. He's coming? He's actually coming?? I couldn't stop myself from the sudden outburst, "What?!"

Mr.  Schuester looked over at me, and got a sort of guilty and empathetic look in his eyes as he remembered Kurt and I's current situation. 

"Yeah," he responded, "Rachel said they wouldn't miss it for the world."

Wouldn't miss it for the world. That's a good thing, right? That means they want to see me. That means he wants to see me. Right?

"That's your big news?" Jake Puckerman said with a snicker, "Half of us in this room don't even know who these people are. Why is it so exciting?"

"Hey,"  Artie snapped back at him, "The other half of us in this room do happen to know who those people are and they happen to be some of our best friends."

"Yeah!" Tina agreed, "And they are two of the most talented people you will ever meet, so there you go, that is why it's exciting."

"Thank you Artie and Tina for the explanation," Mr. Schue continued with a little laugh, "Yes, I'm sorry Jake, I got so excited about seeing Rachel and Kurt again that I forgot we have some new faces in here this year who have not met them yet."

My heart was still beating like crazy. Today is Thursday. Kurt is going to be here on Saturday. That's just three short days! Oh my god, I'm so nervous already. What am I gonna say to him? What if he still hates me and doesn't even want to talk to me?

"Blaine?" I was thinking about Kurt so much that I hadn't realized Mr. Schue was talking to me. He was looking at me expectantly.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" I asked.