C H A P T E R: IX

"Kings are the slaves of history."

 Deep in the small town Terre De Paix, just a kilometre away from Tom's bakery in the rural, was Tea San Marie sitting all alone in her dark living room that seemed lethargic and lonely

Deep in the small town Terre De Paix, just a kilometre away from Tom's bakery in the rural, was Tea San Marie sitting all alone in her dark living room that seemed lethargic and lonely. She was presently the talk of the town, territory and most likely the universe and that very much caused her distress to age. She has never been so humiliated, her reputation was always one to never be destructed, it was always highly spoken about, how had this happened? She did the very best in raising that little girl who was given to her at such a young age. She raised her well and taught her all etiquettes and even got the best governess to teach her even when taxes were high and they were short on money, what went terribly wrong?

She hid herself behind her front doors and tried to ignore the shoutings of her merciless neighbours but that was no use. Her wolf needed to escape but she forbid it to. The incoherency they use and the traitorous people of her town only got her to grieve in her petite farm home and think over the sins her niece had made.

"Alessandra, why do you hurt me so? Have I purposely hurt you with sinful actions and words? I have done nothing offer you love like a mother would for her daughter" She sorrowfully cried feeling like she was betrayed by the one young girl she took care of and dedicated all those years for.

She hasn't eaten in days, her stomach had closed and so did everything else in her body. She was perturbed sick about her young niece who was unmated and not enclosed by her loved ones far from her existence. She feared to leave her home, she knew people were waiting for her to come out just for the solemn purpose for they can shout out wounding words and throw rotten food at her.

"Foolish girl" She recited as she stressfully brought her hands to her face and gave it a squeeze.

The townspeople weren't supportive, they believe not another town or territory will trade goods or services with them and some won't let us borrow their training fields for the young generation of wolves. The women won't have great needleworkers coming in all the way from Southern Latisia for years. Merchants scattered all over Latisia will lose their jobs due to the scandalous title the town earned by the actions of a young damsel and instead of the peace the town was known for, it will turn into war against a single family without a protector.

_

    Slowly walking into the large ballroom was Alessandra, the blinding lit chandeliers had her wishing she could see the same light but in her death when she goes to heaven. The eyes of lustful men and envious women were fixed in her pathway. Her light head hung low with the face of Alex consuming her thoughts and tears so pushy and painful at the back of her throat.

"Oh my"

"She's beautiful"

"She's a peasant?"

Alessandra kept walking, like there was a large bubble that muted the outsiders and their entire existence. Something in Alessandra was kicking, it was kicking in her heart, her head and even her legs. A voice tried to stop her legs from moving and forbid this from happening, but she continued to walk and accept her fate.

Demetrius refused to spare her a simple, polite glance, believing seeing a woman in a bride's dress was a sin if she were not your lover. He even witnessed hungry men stare at her and their eyes would become a pitch black, and some women scrunch their eyebrows like she was the competition, but he payed no mind to her. He would later receive love and pleasure from Rose tonight and Alessandra would be a feather on a bird. Just thinking about Rose bolted his mood and for a second forgot about the damsel he was arranged to marry for a petty excuse.

An intoxicating scent then hit him as a wiff fled the air Demetrius sniffed in, he closed his eyes and opened them and only found himself tracing that divine scent. It was made from rich grounds of soil and blossoms freshly picked from the tre and that scent came from her.

Then for the first time in days, Demetrius looked at a perfected Alessandra and immediately looked away feeling annoyed and unmanly to not control things.

"Alessandra, you look breathtaking" Demetrius's mother immediately bowed to Alessandra who stood uncomfortably in the presence of her future bethro and her mother in law.

Not baring humiliation and anger, Demetrius walked off and tried to find an object he can trash all his anger in. His heart was black and it was cruel, but he needed to kill her and he found the perfect way to.

A couple of days ago, he met up with a tribe of reckless wolves who sell poisonous seeds that dissolve with a drink and charms that are cursed by the witches and immediately demanded they brought him one of the fastest reactors from each category, and so they did after two days.

However the patch of poison was still left in his chambers and he over thought the happiness and pleasure he'll want to feel when the blood of hers was on his hands and immediately decided to go to his chambers. Pouring down his fingers and falling onto the ground were her eyeballs and the only thing he was squeezing was her human heart, oh how that made him truly smile.

"Your excellency, it has been reported to me by the skywatcher that King Noah has just arrived"

Demetrius shut his eyes at the bad timing and immediately excused the guard and decided to poison her right at the ceremonial dinner. For now, he has important guests and matters to discuss.

    King Noah was to be a very trustworthy and loyal, compromising King who ruled the Southern part of Latisia Franci. Filled with great leadership and companionship made him a great man filled with pride and punctuality that even the humans would deal goods with him. He became very rich that he decided to open one of the largest training fields in Latisia and even built a school for the wolves to train their soul and mental minds when it comes to the prime emotions like anger. Great leaders came out of that school which pushed the reputation for Southern Latisia way too high. Not a single wolf was poor or struggling, all were great in great conditon making between five to ten grand a year and caring people who had a loyal King.

However King Noah's Bethro, Queen Mary-Ann, was the negative aspect in the Kingdom. Long before they came this far, she spent all the kingdoms taxes on her dresses that were personally shipped from the human seamstresses. It was costly and she had thought of nobody but herself.

"King Noah, what a pleasure to have you here" King Demetrius politely bowed as King Noah did the same with a stiff posture and a frosty expression almost resembling King Demetrius's.

"I congratulate you on the wedding. I wish you all the best" King Noah walked side by side with King Demetrius as protective guards followed them with a fair distance allowing conversation to flow.

"I appreciate it"