Afraid

Dans POV

"What about you?" She asked.

This can be my chance, maybe I should..

"You." I said, without even thinking it through properly. She stopped in her tracks.

"Huh?" Was all she could say.

Fucking hell Howell, you shouldn't have said that, make something up, QUICK!

I started laughing my fake laugh.

"Hahahahaha you did ask me what I was thinking about and I was looking at you. Stupid joke sorry."

'Good job twat, she couldn't have bought that!' I said to myself, wanting to bang my head against a wall.

"Uhh okay." She said awkwardly, and carried on to walk besides me.

This was so awkward what the fuck do I say now?

"So.." I started, but of course, nothing to say.

"Dan, what were you tweeting about before?" She said all of a sudden.

I had forgot about that.

I tweeted out early this morning 'how do you tell friends from boyfriends/girlfriends' of course, most of the comments were just puns or things like 'who are you cheating on Phil with?!'. But there was a comment saying 'if they're always together they r probably together.'

I quickly tried to come up with a lie.

"Oh, I was just looking at my old tweets."

"I know you're lying, just please, tell me. It's about me isn't it?" (Y/N) stared to lose her smile. "You want me out right?"

"No!" Hearing those words instantly caused me to react.

"Then what is it?" She was starting to get upset, I could hear it in her voice.

"I.." I couldn't say it, I tried to express my feelings before but she obviously didn't want anything to happen.

"I can't say it." I suddenly said. "I'm sorry I just can't."

"Why?" Her eyes started to look at me as we both stopped in the street.

"Because I'm afraid of getting hurt!" I snapped suddenly. "I don't wanna get hurt so can we just drop it? Please!"

I instantly regretted what I said. But why? (Y/N) didn't look like she minded at all. I guess she was starting to understand where I was coming from.

"Sorry." She said. "I think I'm gonna go home." (Y/N) turned around and walked away from me.

"This is what I was afraid of." I whispered to myself so she couldn't hear. "Losing you."

I carried on walking down the street, I think (Y/N) needed some space and so did I. I think it would be better if we spent some time apart, but a part of me didn't want to. I wanted to be with her.

I forced myself to carry on walking until I heard my phone buzz.

From Phil:

'Hey u ok?'

'Yeah, why?'

'Being a good friend, lol'

Why was he texting me? Wasn't he hanging out with his mates? Maybe he's drunk. Yeah. They are probably at a bar.

I convinced myself he was probably drunk or maybe he was just asking. But it still didn't feel right.