➺CHAPTER ONE

Jae's pov

"People fall in love in mysterious ways" I randomly sang while playing the piano in the dance studio.

I watched Sehun dance gracefully, his earpiece plucked in his ears. It's been 2 hours since we're in this room and Sehun has been dancing constantly without any breaks.

My mind wandered to the day we first met.

-FLASHBACK-

A tall guy stood in front of me.
🎧All this time you were pretending🎶
He was good looking. Tall. Very defined jaw.
🎧So much for my happy ending🎶
He was muttering something which I obviously couldn't hear with the loud music blasting through my ears and he held out his right hand.

I shook his hand using my right hand while my left hand, to pull out my right earpiece.

"I'm sorry, you were saying?"

"Uh-I'm Sehun, Oh Sehun... Uh, I just transferred here and um, us? I mean you and me, um be friends?" He was stuttering and it's adorable.

"Sure, I'm Song Jae."

-FLASHBACK ENDS-

Lunch break is finishing soon, yet Sehun is nowhere to be seen at Exo's table.

"Suho-shi, by any chance, do you know where Sehun is?"

"Your lover's probably in the dance studio, practicing" Tao replied instead.

"Shut up, it's suppose to be a secret." Kyungsoo scolded Tao.

"Umm, thanks guys" I replied and walked to the dance studio.

Yeah, ever since the day Sehun introduced himself, we got along quickly and soon we become a couple. In secret of course. Exo, is the trending idols and it would cause me a lot danger if I were known to be Sehun's girlfriend. So, to cover up, we are just best friends in everyone's eyes. The only people who know the truth is Exo members, my two best friends, my 6 year old Brother and ofcourse my parents.

As I was about to push the door open, someone from the inside had pushed earlier. A girl wearing dancing clothes.

"Oh Jae-ah!" Sehun greeted while hugging me.

"Get away, you reek" I tried pushing him away but being the guy, he's much more stronger. "Why is she here?"

"She just came to use the studio"

"I see" Well that's Sehun's ex Girlfriend.

"Sehun, are you by any chance, secretly practising with her?"

"Why do think so?"

"It just came to my mind. Or it's really true?" I wiggled my eyebrows at him and he released his hug. Since last year at any events, I'd sing or play the guitar and Sehun would be the dancer, dancing along to the songs.

His eyes widened for a moment and soon return to its normal size. "You think too much babe. " I can only nod. "Anyways, I've missed you" he said as he hugged me again.

"We meet almost everyday Sehun-ah" He made a throaty reply and nuzzled his head into my neck.

*******

School's a drag as usual but thank god it's Friday. Lectures yada yada and teachers nagging blah blah.

Sehun was outside my class just a few seconds after the bell rung, indicating that school is over for the week.

"I'm sorry but I have to prepare for my comeback today so I can't send you home. I'm really really sorry." Sehun apologised.

"It's no big deal anyways, and you know there's such thing called texting. You could have just texted instead of running here. Dork."

Sehun bent down to my ears and whispered "Your dork." The closeness never fails to send tingles here and there.

"Don't forget to eat!" I shouted to him as he sprint down the hallways. Though his back is facing me, he stretched out his left hand and pointed a thumbs up.

"So I guess you're going home with me today." Haneul said.

"Kayla?"

"She already left, you know, council administrative stuff."

"Witch, she could have tell me." I puff out onto my imaginary bangs.

"You still have me" he enveloped me into a brotherly hug.

We stopped by the childcare to fetch my brother.

Haneul and I reminisce our memories as we went to same old childcare. Kayla came into the picture during middle school.

"Yah yah Song Dae Han"

"Hyung!" Dae Han greeted cheerfully.

They talked animatedly and I can't even understand a single thing.

*******

"Yo wassup mum" I said once she picked up her phone.

"Hello to you too my dear Jae" I rolled my eyes.

"Are you guys coming home late? Or are you guys coming home with food?"

"Yeah, about that, your Dad and I are working late today and buy dinner for Dae Han too"

"Right", I placed my phone away from my ear for awhile and shouted from my room, "Dae Han do you want pizza for dinner?" "Yes!" he shouted back. I brought my phone back nearer to my ear "Do you want pizza too mum?"

"I'm cool. Thanks. But seriously junk food for dinner again? Stop spoiling your brother, I'm blaming you if he gets fat in the future. I'm hanging up now. Take care and I love you"

"Love you too!"

After calling to order our food, I took out my laptop and stare and the home screen image of my laptop. It was during our first performance together, I, playing the guitar and Sehun dancing, our eyes locked on one another.

I thought a lot that night. I knew Sehun's going to have a dancing partner for the performance. Not that I mind but it's just that she is Sehun's first love.