Chapter Two: Air

Hello People of Wattpad. This chapter is dedicated to my dearest Padfoot4eva, due to the fact that an hour after me posting the first chapter, said person told me to update. @Padfoot4eva, I can only do some much. ;) Here ya go! :)

~TAAF_

'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

The pirates filled a glass tank with sea water three quarters of the way full so I wouldn't be completely underwater. The tank was small. I could tell that I wasn't going to be able to straighten my tail. One pirate, who looked dead as well, picked me up roughly despite my struggling. He hoisted me out of the water, dropped me into the tank, and shut the lid. There wasn't any room for air to pass through the crack.

Four similar pirates each took a corner of the case and lifted it off the ground and began walking. I didn't get bashed around too much, to which I was grateful. The sailor wearing the cross stayed close to me, which I was puzzled by. The crew walked for what seemed like hours and I started to feel light-headed. I took me a moment to figure out that it was because of the lack of oxygen in the tank.

I tried to stay calm, I held my breath and put my head under the water. I could hold my breath way longer than any human, which was very useful. I didn't know how much longer I could keep doing this. The crew stopped at a creek for a drink. I stayed underwater, gazing at the sailor with the cross. I hoped and prayed that he would see me and open the damn tank. I thought that would be my best bet.

He was speaking to another pirate while standing in a pool of water fed by a tiny waterfall. The sailor filled his hands with water and splashed his face with it. He continued talking to the pirate with dreadlocks. I pressed my face into the corner of the tank, trying to get some air from outside. Then the sailor glanced at me, as if to check on me and our eyes met.

"Quartermaster!" He said forcefully and urgently to the large man who looked like a zombie, standing next to the tank.

"Aye." Zombie {AN: That's Syrena's nickname for the Quartermaster.} rasped.

"She cannot breathe!"

"She has water." Zombie argued. My light-headedness was getting worse. I feared I would pass out.

"She needs air!" The sailor said angrily, jumping out of the pool. He rushed towards me, and fumbled with the latch.

"Open this." He growled.

"She will escape." Zombie spat.

"You are killing her."

"I support the missionary's position." The pirate with dreadlocks called. Zombie chuckled. The sailor grabbed Zombie's sword and forced it in the crack between the lid and the case. He pushed it up and the tank opened, sweet air flooding the tank.

I gasped, sucking in as much air as I could.

"See?" The sailor said to Zombie. Zombie frowned and pulled his sword out. As he did, the sailor pulled out his bible and replaced the sword in one swift movement. I let out a breath. I slowly tilted my head to look at the sailor and our eyes met. He looked at me but then quickly stood up and walked away. Content that I could breathe again, I curled my stiff tail up and hoped sleep would come. My last thought was-

He had just saved my life.

I owed him.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Ok, ok. I KNOW this chapter was SUPER short and I apologize. But for those of you who have seen the movie you know there are multiple scenes with Syrena. If I had kept going then this would be like the last chapter. I have to spread out the scenes. I really hope you understand. The next chapter will be longer. I'm working on the next chapter ASAP, meaning like, right now. ;)

Vote

Comment

Fan

Enjoy

~TAAF_