You're Different, Are You Not?

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN any of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and/or franchise. I used lines directly from the movie, and they belong to the filmmakers.

Acknowledgments:

Padfoot4eva- Thanks for being a great friend. You don't even know how good a friend you are.

PotterLupinBlack- You're awesome. I don't even know where to begin on that topic.

HanniixDraco- You're amazing! And I'm still slightly appalled you ship Drinny- although I've sort of begun to accept it. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion ;)

Now, on with the story!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Pirates. I hate them. Though oddly, I cannot bring myself to kill one. My sister Tamara, has other ideas. She loves pirates... To eat. The reason I hate them is because I have witnessed my other sisters killed or captured by their hand. Brave pirates come into our midst occasionally and try to catch a mermaid for reasons beyond me. Perhaps because we are said to be more beautiful then anything a sailor has ever seen. I realize it's not a good reason to hate pirates as almost every mermaid would try to kill them given the chance. I still hate them.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I hadn't noticed a huge pirate ship with burgundy sails entering the bay. I suppressed a growl. I just wanted them to go away. I looked up at the black sky. The moon appeared a tiny curved white sliver against the dark sky. I could hear shouting on the boat from the rock I sitting on, my tail in the water. Some of the pirates got into smaller boats with oars. Some of the boats and rowed ashore. The rest of the boats stayed in the middle of the bay. The ship with burgundy sails was anchored between anyone and the way out. I frowned.

It appeared as though they were preparing to launch a capture... I slid back into the shallow water and started swimming towards the boats. I was curious as to why they were here. I didn't get very far when a beam of bright unnatural yellow light was cast out onto one of the boats floating in the bay from the tower on shore. I swam closer still, stopping still rather far away from the boat. I could see seven men in the boat. The one sitting at the front was dark and very ugly. He looked dead.

I could hear them talking, but i didn't know what about. One of them started to sing. It was tentative at first but then the rest of the sailors joined in. It was loud and off key. I couldn't make out the words of the song but I could tell they were singing it over and over again. They sang for a long time. During which the music got softer and softer until it stopped. Well almost. One sailor was still singing quietly, like he was half asleep, while the others were sleeping.

I saw Tamara swimming towards the boat, no doubt to kill one of them and eat it. I wanted to scream at her to stay away. They would kill her! Nevertheless, she swam to the other side of the boat. I swam closer. Close enough for me to see the sailors faces. The two sitting in the front of the boat(Zombie was in front of them) woke up first. I actually dont think they were quite asleep. They saw Tamara with her elbows propped on the edge of the wooden boat.

"Lord save me." The one with the hat whispered. The one next to him woke up the rest of the men.

"Men look, look there."

An older sailor stood up and drew a knife, and tried to stab her. Another grabbed his arm and yelled,

"You'll scare her off!"

"Aye. And good riddance!" The one with the knife growled. The one that grabbed him pushed him over and sat in front of Tamara. She had swam away for a moment while she was threatened with the knife.

"Can you talk?" He asked. Tamara swam back and resumed her position with a seductive smile on her face.

"Yes." She replied.