Chapter 1

I wake up to the sound of an air horn being blown in my ears. I bolt up to find none other than my idiot brothers. I look at them dead in their eyes and using my deadly voice tell them that they better run. Before I even finished my sentence they bolted out of the house. I sigh getting up to get ready. I quickly get changed into a black crop top with a zipper in the front that stops and inch above my belly button and a high wasted skater skirt with shorts underneath because we are in dauntless after all I slip into my low cut black converse and and add very minimal make up. I pull my hair into a ponytail and head out to school. Today is the last day of school for the year and it is also a shortened day because of the aptitude testing. The testing is only for the 16 year olds and i'm only 14, but my brother Zeke is getting tested. I arrive at school and almost immediately my twin brother Uriah questions what i was wearing .

"BEATRICE PEDRAD" Uriah yells

"Yes Uriah" I respond

"WHAT ARE YOU WEARING" he says

"oh come on Uriah I knew you were an idiot but really i thought you were smarter than this. They're called clothes"

" I KNOW WHAT THEY ARE CALLED WHY ARE YOU WEARING THOES YOUR LIKE HALF NAKED"

"ok 1. mom said the clothes I wear are none of your business. 2. calm down. and 3. we've got to go meet up with the gang."

I hear him mutter a whatever. As we trek through the school I get a bunch of whistles which makes me blush and Uriah death glares everyone until we see our group of friends.

Our group consists of Lynn, Marleen, Shaunna, Zeke, Uriah, and me of course.

"Hey guys" Uriah and I say

We get a response of a bunch of heys. Just as we were going to start a conversation we get interrupted by the bell great (note the sarcasm). The day goes by in a blur and soon enough all of the 14 year olds in our group head to my house leaving Shaunna and Zeke at School.

"So what do you want to do" asks Lynn

"We could play a round or two of c or d" I suggest.

Every one agrees and we wind up playing a really boring game and the gang heads home. All I could thing about was my big goofy older brother who might leave me forever. Soon I drift off into a dreamless sleep