Chapter 1

"Jimmy?" My best friend, Skylar asks me.

"What's up, Sky?"

"I'm boredddd."

"Deal with it." I say absentmindedly, focusing on Call of Duty.

"You're no fun." She says, pouting.

I punch her playfully in the shoulder. In reaction, she tackles me, laughing.

"Get off each other, you two make me sick." my other best friend says, shaking his head at us.

"We're not even dating." Sky says, laughing, getting off my back.

"You guys might as well be." He mutters under his breath. But I think I'm the only one who heard it.

I look over at Skylar to see if she heard him, but she's smiling widely, completely unaware of what came out of Jason's mouth. She turns her head and catches me looking at her, and I look away.

"So, you guys excited for the beach?" She asks, looking at both of us.

"Definitely," I say, fidgeting with my shoe lace, stabbing my foot through the rivet on my converse, as I waited for the next map to load. "One more day until we leave." I say quietly, focused on my shoe.

"How about you, Jason?" she asks.

"What I can't wait for is to throw you into the water."

"Meanie." Sky says, sticking her tongue out at him.

He ignores her and continues drawing. Her smile fades since he didn't react.

"Sky, wanna play rockband?" I ask, trying to get her attention on me.

"Sure," She says, shrugging, her eye still on Jason. So I knock into her, causing her to glare at me for a moment, then she smiles as if remembering who she was glaring at and says, "Let's play." she gives me a cute smile and turns her head to the tv.

The opening credits come on as we wait to start the game. The sound of the amp plugging in on the tv is so unexpected and loud that Jason jumps in his spot, causing Sky to stifle a giggle and Jason glaring at her for almost laughing at him. She smiles softly at him. His eyes soften, and he looks away quickly, as if he was embarrassed by looking at her smile. I don't like this. Not one bit. But, I choose not to say anything, it's not like anything's gonna happen between the two... But still.

"Jimmy, what song do you wanna play?" Sky asks me, bringing me back to earth.

"Oh uh..." I say, dragging out the vowels until I find the song I wanted her to hear. "How about Extraordinary Girl? It's by Green Day."

"Never heard of them." She says, shrugging.

"Well, this is a good song and a good band, I think you'll enjoy them."