Chapter 13

I walk back to the park, looking at every ally way on the way there... still no Whatsername... maybe she went back to the zoo? I think after I get to the pond where we slept.

I sneak back into the zoo, and go straight to the Flamingos... where my gut is telling me she had to be.

I get there, and see a girl with long blonde hair... is that her? I start shoving people out of the way, causing them to give me dirty looks, but I don't care, I just have to find her. I put my hand on the girl's shoulder, she turns around. Oops, that's not her.

"My bad." I mumble and push past her.

"Asshole!" She calls after me, after regaining her balance.

I keep shoving my way through the crowd of people, until I realize I'm back by where the Grizzly Bears are...

"Fuck!" I exclaim. I still haven't found her, and I'm only here on a hunch, I don't even know if she's fuckin here!

A family with two young children glare at me, probably for saying fuck, but I don't care, I glare right back at them. They keep going, and I look away... you know what, since I'm here, lemme go see my favorite animal. I keep going, and finally come across the penguins... that's when I see her... sitting down, watching the penguins swim around... with a very pensive look written all over her face.

"Whatcha thinkin about?" I ask, plopping down next to her on the bench.

She flinches, then looks at me, "Oh... it's you."

"Yeah.. Is that a problem?"

"Didn't think you would come looking for me." She says, her eyes focused on the underwater penguins that were twisting in the water.

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask, staring at her profile.

"No one ever has before." She says quietly, still looking straight ahead.

"What do you mean?"

"I've left home a bunch of times, and gone back on my own time... no one has ever cared to look for me... neither did the friends I made, care to look for me."

"And you just assumed that I was the same as everyone else?"

"Well, yeah, you never gave me any reason not to."

I stare at her... "I guess you're right... But I found you..." I say, hoping that counts for something.

"Yeah, I know." She says, finally turning her head to look at me.

"Why did you run away from me?"

"What was one of the first things I told you about me?"