Chapter 3

Skylar walks up to us, with a white shirt over her two piece swimsuit, her light brown hair is let down (which is rare for her). Her white skin is already tinted with a light shade of golden brown, from her last visit to the beach with her best friend.

She plops down next to Jason and leans forward.

"What's up?" She says, looking right at me.

I blushed from just looking at her.

"Thought you were sleeping," Jason says, giving her a smug look.

"I got impatient with myself cause I couldn't fall asleep right away and got bored... sooo I came out here." She says squinting at him, because it was so bright out. "Hot out, isn't it?" She says, laying down with her feet in the water, and her back on the concrete that made up the walk way around the pool.

Jason stands up all of a sudden, and picks Sky up by her waist and throws her, shirt and all, into the icy pool. To my surprise, when she surfaces, a huge smile is on her face. Shouldn't she be angry? Jason backs up, and starts to run and launches himself into the pool. I watch him swim over, to the shallow end where Sky was standing, facing me, and stands up and walks over to her and glides his hands slowly over her skin, her waist and hold her, her shirt lifted in the water. It was probably only a matter of seconds, but it felt like eons... just watching them together. She turns her head slowly, to look up at him... and smiles. He smiles down at her, for a second, I think they're going to kiss. I can't take it anymore.

I get up abruptly. I can't stand to see them together. I walk briskly back to the hotel room.

"Jimmy! Wait!" Skylar calls after me. I hear splashing immediately after she calls my name. I soon hear the sound of wet feet hitting the hot pavement approaching behind me.

I step into the cool air conditioned room as soon as Sky rests her wet hand on my bare shoulder.

"Jimmy." She breathes, practically out of breath. "What's wrong?" She asks as we enter the room. She walks to the bathroom to get a towel while I sit on the couch.

"I hate seeing you two together." I say, but as soon as I say it, I regret it.

"Why? I'm closer with you than I am with him." She says as she dries her hair.

"Are you so sure about that?" She stops drying her hair once I question her. It's like she's frozen in place.

"Yeah." She says, looking me dead in the eye. "I'm sure."

She continues to dry herself off and proceeds to taking off her soaked shirt. I sit there, staring at her, my mouth slightly open. She wraps the towel around herself and walks to the bedroom and shuts the door behind her.

"Why would it matter who I'm closer to, though?" She asks from the other side of the door after a little bit of silence.

"It doesn't." I say, wishing she would just drop the subject.