Chapter 5

I feel my jaw with my hand and feel intense pain. I get up from the ground, still holding my jaw, and walk back to the restaurant. I head to the bathroom to see if my jaw was bruised. I get there, and it was. It was bruising pretty badly. What the hell am I going to tell them??

I shake my head, I'll just say I ran into the door. I take another look in the mirror, my jaw is a bluish purple. Ok, if Jason wants to fight, then we'll fight.

I leave the bathroom and head to the table.

"Jimmy!" Sky says, covering her mouth. "What happened to you!?"

My mom turns around, and her eyes grow wide. "Jimmy!"

"I walked into the door." I say calmly, sitting down.

My eyes flutter over to Jason, whose sitting calmly, sipping his soda. I glare at him angrily... he doesn't seem to notice. I look over at Sky, who is looking at my jaw nervously.

"I'm okay." I say to her, trying to assure her that my jaw isn't killing me and that I'm totally fine.

She gives me a skeptical look and reaches over and takes my hand and squeezes it. My eyes immediately go to Jason, whose jaw tightens once again.

***********************************************************************************************

All throughout dinner Jason gave me dirty looks every time I would make Sky laugh or smile. But, now that my parents have gone into the room and us kids have set up the living room for bed, and Jason has gone to bed on the sofa, me and Sky sit on the floor facing each other, trying to have a staring contest. But, we keep laughing and breaking eye contact.

"You know, Sky? I never realized how pretty your eyes were."

Sky blushes, looking down at the carpeted floor. I reach over and tilt her head up so that her eyes were staring into mine, and lean in and kiss her again. She blushes even harder.

"Listen, Jimmy." Sky says, looking me in the eye, seriously. "If we're gonna keep doing... this," She makes a gesture that included both of us, "then I think we should keep it a secret."

"Why?"

"I just think it's a good idea."

I shrug. "Ok... wait, I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Are we dating?"

Sky takes a moment to think. "I don't know... are we?"

"How should I know? That's why I asked." I laugh lightly.