Chapter Three: The Menace

As I walked back to the apartment, dripping because of that asshole I contemplated how many ways I would try to injure him the next time I saw him or what I would do to ruin his car. I was seriously pissed, not only about the fact that he didn't attempt to slow down but at what he said. He was simply ill-mannered and arrogant. I really really really hate people who are arrogant, like who the hell was he to tell me I need to get a car? He needs to have his car taken away, and I hope he has to walk on a rainy day and that he will get splashed, repeatedly!

***

I got back to my building and Thomas looked at me with his eyes opened widely.

"Miss Cameron, wha..what happened to you? Did you forget how to use an umbrella? Look it's simple I can teach you, you just press this button and..."

Before he could finish, I burst out into laughter because I found it amusing that he thought I didn't know how to use an umbrella, I mean it's an umbrella, not a spaceship. "Thomas, I know how to use an umbrella," I said, barely able to hold back my laughter.

"But thank you for trying to teach me anyway, here I brought these for you"

I handed him the doughnuts and he looked at me in surprise. "Tha..thank you, Miss Cameron,n..nobody here has ever gotten me anything before". I looked at him in shock too because he seemed like such a sweet guy, am I the only one that has noticed how well he does his job?

"Well you don't have to thank me, you did save me from being soaked by the rain because you're so up-to-date with everything," I said with a smile

"So how is it that you're still wet?" he seemed so confused.

"Some asshole splashed me on my way back and he didn't even apologize"

"I'm sorry that happened to you Miss Cameron" he said

"It's okay, and you can call me Tia," I said as I walked off and pressed the button for the elevator.

I was glad Sher wasn't home to question me, I really wasn't in the mood to explain what happened earlier or in the mood to talk at all. I saw a text from Alex and I just quickly replied and told him we'll talk tomorrow. I decided I was just going to prepare myself for tomorrow, I have a big interview with my dream company Paige's Inc. They are the most successful interior design company in N.Y. and I can't wait to work for them. If they hire you, my subconscious added. I'll admit it, I'm pretty nervous but I do have my masters in interior design and I think I'm a damn good designer, I just hope they agree.  

I decided to take out what I was going to wear so I didn't have to stress about it in the morning. I want to go for a professional but chic look. I took out my teal knee-length fitted skirt that had a slight slit paired with a tan button-up top that also had long sleeves. I took out my tan closed-toe classic heels and of course, my brown Micheal Kors bag with gold hardware to add some depth to my outfit. I decided to leave the accessories until morning came.

***

By the time I was done getting ready, I was sure they'd give me the job only based on my sense of style. I had to admit, I did look great but they do say that first impressions last, so why not make it a good one? Even if I didn't get the job, I was glad I would be able to make a statement with my outfit and all my gold accessories.

I didn't feel like eating so I just grabbed a cup of ginger tea in a portable mug and headed down to the ground floor.

"Good morning Miss... Tia," Thomas said, correcting himself quickly.