The List

Tara ' s POV

After school, I went to the Public Library to see if I can find anything about the chick Scarlett for Bridget.

Oddly, I didn't find much except the different places she has been living in. I found out that her mom was a drug addict and that she had to live with her grandmother and still is. But I had the same odd feeling about her.

" The library is closing." The librarian said. I was shocked because all through the time I was searching about Scarlett for about 3 hours...

But I didn't find much. It's really hard searching people.

I grabbed my crap and the paper that had Bridget ' s information. Pushing the paper into my bag without caring if it gets ripped, I headed out and walked home knowing that my parents wouldn't get mad at me because I always go to the library after school.

Nerd. Yea I know.

I should of went through the back way because when I went out the front, Scarlett was there.

Oh shit.

I put my head down and went right to walk away from her because her back was toward me.

I fast walked until I couldn't see her anymore. I was glad, I didn't want to talk to her or anybody.

But why would a pretty girl like her be at a library...?

I was close to my home.

But someone tapped my shoulder which scared the living crap out of me because I did not hear anyone coming from behind.

I turned quickly around and saw that it was Scarlett...

"What do you freaking want?" I asked

"I need to know what is up with Bridget. I feel something wrong about her." She said

"Look I don't even know you..." I said and began to turn around until she said something that shocked me.

"I know that you have powers." She said

I squinted at her, "You know nothing."

"I know that you have the power of intellectual. Meaning your very about average when it comes to being smart." She said stepping toward me

"How did you know?"

"I can sense things, plus I looked at your school records."

"You looked at my...How? It is locked in a safe."

"I have my ways."

"Do you have any powers?"

"Strength."

"Show me."

What could I say? I was curious.

We walked to a kid's playground that was near my house. No one was around here so it was a good place to test her strength.

"I can lift that swing set." She said. I was doubtful because it looked like it weighed a thousand pounds.

Amazingly, she did.

"Holy..." I said

"Yea I know." She said, "But I need to know about Bridget."

"Why?"

" I can sense that she too has powers. Not good ones either. She is something else, not human." She told me.

"What could she be?"

"That's what I need to find out. I was wondering if you could find information about her."

"What's it for me?"

" A thank you."

"How does that benefit me?" I asked

"Listen, we can work together. Please I need you." She said. And something about what she said made me what to help her...

"Ugh, fine."

After she left, I sat on my bed in my room thinking that I wasn't alone with the power problem.

From when I started school, I knew there was something wrong with me. Because I was 10 times smarter than the average kid. The teachers tried to make me skip the grades but I wouldn't allow it. I didn't want to be a freak.

It's so ironic how I'm getting information on both them for each other. Bridget did seem a little off, but so did Scarlett. So who I trust? Scarlett just came her. But Bridget was always a bitch to everyone. So what do I do?

I laid down thinking about the situation until finally I closed my eyes and fell asleep.