25

Troye doesn't sleep much that night, scared he'll have more dreams like the one he recently had.

~~~

When morning finally comes, Connor opens his eyes, before they fill with the cruel sunlight poking out of the blinds. He closes his eyes once more, before flipping over, opening them again.

He smiles at Connor and yawns, trying to say, "Good morning," as he does. "Did you sleep well last night, your majesty?" Troye asks, his smile widening into a grin.

Connor giggles softly at "your majesty." "Yes, I did. Why thank you for asking," he responds. "What about you? You look sort of tired still."

"I'm fine." Lie. "It's probably because I'm still getting better." Lie. Lie. Lie. "Thanks for worrying though, Con." He smiles, kissing Connor on the cheek.

He smiles as well. "You're welcome," he says, laughing a little bit. A few minutes later, he opens his mouth to say something. "Do you know something I'll probably never get completely used to?"

"What?" He asks, trying to keep a smile on his face. Troye didn't want Connor worrying about their future. He didn't deserve the heartbreak that was written in the stars for the pair.

"Just... This," he says, gesturing to the two of them. "Like, being able to hold you in my arms." Slightly cheesy, but true.

He just didn't know what the future held for them.

"Do you remember how we started out? Look at us now," he adds.

You better treasure it now, Troye thinks to himself, burying his head in the crook of Connor's neck to hide the sadness in his eyes. "I like it too," his muffled voice informs the boy. "You're warm."

He giggles. "You always say that," he comments. "And you always say I'm so soft and cuddly. I guess it just must be true."

"Because it's always true," he retorts, sticking his tongue out. It briefly touches Connor's skin before pulling away. "You taste good too."

He shutters slightly when he feels Troye's tongue poke his neck briefly. "Eww," he says. "Did you just lick me?"

"No...?" Troye answers, trailing off as he grins against Connor's skin. He blows cool air on it, watching as goosebumps form on the patch of skin.

He shudders a bit once more. "You did lick me, you liar!" He says, laughing softly. "Why, though?"

"You have no proof," he replies, pulling his head up to grin at his boyfriend. God. He loved being able to say that. Boyfriend, boyfriend, boyfriend. All his.

"I do, though," he says, joking around a bit. "Other people may not be able to see it, but I felt it. So, see? I have proof!"

"You're going insane, Connor. I never licked you," he says, his voice taking on a serious tone. Sometimes he really loved messing with Connor.

He shakes his head. "Nope, I'm completely sane... Okay, maybe only half-sane, but still partially sane," he says. "You did lick me. I know you did. Don't lie to me, Troye Sivan."

"Why would I lie to you?" He asks pouting. "You should be careful with your accusations."

And yet, as Connor sat there and told Troye not to lie to him, the Aussie did, and it was about so much more than something simple, such as licking someone.