How I Fell In Love

Writing this. I'm a junior in high school. He's 20. I'm 16. I never knew I'd fall in love with my best friend but I did. It was November. Weather was crisp. It was my favorite time of the year. Connecticut fall/winter is always beautiful. Chris is in New Jersey, and still I haven't told him how I feel. My heart is dying to tell him but my brain keeps telling me "no, don't do it. You'll ruin your life" just like minds do, when you're in love with someone.

Ever since I was little I always imagined growing up and getting married and having a beautiful dress and over time imagining my kids and how they would be raised. When I daydream about possibly getting married to Chris someday. To me. There's nothing else more perfect than that image. Nothing more perfect than having his children. Of course to someone who doesn't know what this love feels like could seem crazy or weird to think about but I'm a dreamer. I think about my future a lot, and if I had to choose someone to be in my future forever...it'd be him.

I don't know how I fell in love. It just happened. Probably the most important things that stood out to me steered my heart in the right and wrong direction.
-He was a man of God.
-He encouraged me to be the best that I could
-He made sure I knew I was always loved.

I asked so many people what to do. I even asked my ex-boyfriend who was his best friend if it would be weird if I dated him because they all had this "guy code". They all said to do what my heart felt. So that's exactly what I did.