Waiting

I don't really know what I expected. I was a hopeless romantic, with the idea that I could be in love with the college boy who was in a whole other state, and when he would visit I would jump into his arms just like any girlfriend would. But I wasn't. It wasn't me. It was her.

He met her at work, a month after I told him how I felt they were dating. Here I was in Connecticut, the helpless high school girl who couldn't do anything but sit back and be happy for him while my heart was aching inside. While I couldn't think about him without crying. Where I could barely breathe in the courtyard because he's my soulmate and he's with another girl. Honest to God, I believed and still believe he is the one for me. Yet he was with her and I couldn't do anything about it.

I still talked to him everyday. Because we were best friends. I couldn't go not talking to him. We moved on even though I still felt like there was an arrow in my heart that was a gift from Cupid. We talked everyday. Until he got busy. And the last full conversation we had was Christmas Eve 2015.

It's March 6, 2016. All I have to do is wait. Waiting here in my lonesome town, with no one but him to steal my heart away.