Finale: Sacrifice

The time had come, the Eldrazi were on the horizon. Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, stood at the front, flanked by massive beasts almost as big, their face-plates staring without eyes or feelings. The ramparts were filled with soldiers, each hundreds strong. We seemed ready, yet no one knew if we really were. The Eldrazi were a force never faced before- alien in new ways never thought possible.

       Almost an estimated three minutes before impact, and we were all anxious. Spears lowered, each group a bristling bunch of arrows and spears. Shields lowered, each squadron a turtle of metal. Flags held high, each group a clump of grim determination. Yet we did not know what was coming, nor what could happen.

      As the Eldrazi neared, each squadron was held together. Strength in numbers. We all were unsure of our fate, but were willing to fight to survive. The alignment was ready to be sprung, with me as one of them. We each had ropes connected to Hedrons, that we would manipulate to create a circle around Ulamog. Once that was done, a touch a magic, courtesy of elves, would ignite the circle, trapping Ulamog and his twisted, corrupted kin. Or atleast, that was the plan.

       Impact.

       Our heroes fought, our units collided. The Eldrazi, surrounding us, were beasts of unknown terror, yet we, the Allies, were the shining hope of Zendikar. I could see from my perch near a Hedron what was happening in relative safety- our heroes, Jace, Gideon, Nissa, many more, all names I had heard, fought the Eldrazi, waiting for our small, our opportunity.

 I could see from my perch near a Hedron what was happening in relative safety- our heroes, Jace, Gideon, Nissa, many more, all names I had heard, fought the Eldrazi, waiting for our small, our opportunity

     They slashed through the hordes, killing enemies many times larger than themselves, yet to no avail- so many more kept on coming. I saw the beast I had escaped from, horned and gnarled, slashing through ten or more soldiers. Ulamog himself wreaked havoc, destroying ramparts, walls, everything.

     From him, a sense of sheer chaos emanated, smashing away buildings not normally threatened by any physical creation. I could feel it too, but the Hedron I was next to have me strength. I would be the one to stop this. I would end this.

      Suddenly, I heard a cracking sound- an Eldrazi climbed to this height, near me, and was perched to one of the Hedrons

      Suddenly, I heard a cracking sound- an Eldrazi climbed to this height, near me, and was perched to one of the Hedrons. I called for help with the lines, and we confronted the beast. A spearman, almost suicidal, jumped at the Eldrazi, while I tried to slash it with my hooks. It slashed the spearman away, breaking bones, but his spear, attached to his arm, stuck in the Eldrazi, helping him up.