Day 6 - Roman 1:16

Often in life, we feel uncomfortable to share the Gospel of Christ to others, worst still in public.

There are several reasons for this and believe me, we have the whole world on our side to back up our reasons. To name a few; we recant because maybe our life isn't up to standard (we don't want to be called hypocrite), or we feel that we are not competent enough to share with others (we know next to nothing), or we have no interest (we are busy, no time) and so on.

But one of the most excusable reasons is: I feel ashamed.

Why? I am not sure why? Maybe because, just like those mentioned above, I am not good enough!

But in spite of such odd reasons and feeling, I always find it proper and our duty to share the love of Christ to others. Yet I can't.

Then, one day I found a beautiful verse in the Bible that really helps.

Paul said - "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Rom 1:16)

(Sebab aku mempunyai keyakinan yang kokoh dalam Injil, karena Injil adalah kekuatan Allah yang menyelamatkan setiap orang yang percaya, pertama-tama orang Yahudi, tetapi juga orang Yunani (Rom 1:16)

There you are: It is the power of God unto salvation.

If we're convinced that we are sinners and in need of salvation, then we must look to Jesus. Once we find Him, we are to share it with others. We should not be ashamed to share the Gospel of Christ.

Why?
It is because the Gospel has the power of salvation; from Our Heavenly Father for eternity.

Remember what Jesus said - "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me (John 14:6)

(Kata Yesus kepada nya: Akulah Jalan dan Kebenaran dan Kehidupan. Tidak ada seorang pun yang datang kepada Bapa, kalau tidak melalui Aku (Yohanes 14:6).

Since He is the Way, the Truth and the Life, then it is proper that we should also share this Gospel (Good News) to others so that they too may have salvation.

Just in case, we miss the boat, we are also reminded that - "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despairing the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God (Hebrews 12:2)

(Marilah kita memikirkan dengan mata tertuju kepada Yesus, yang memimpin kita dalam iman, dan yang membawa iman kita itu kepada kesempurnaan, yang dengan mengabaikan kehinaan tekun memikul salib ganti sukacita yang disediakan bagi Dia, yang sekarang duduk di sebelah kanan takhta Allah (Ibrani 12:2)

He endured the cross and despised the shame!

Like Him, we should imitate Him.

Believe me, it is not easy, but wait - let us hear from Him: "And he said, the things which are impossible with men are possible with God (Luke 18:27)

(Kata Yesus, "Apa yang tidak mungkin bagi manusia, mungkin bagi Allah" (Lukas 18:27).