Chap 32

LauraPOV~~~

We were running. I was taking big, shaky breaths. every step of mine feels like it's going to be the last.

Shouts, yells, screams echoed through the mountains. "Ro... oss," I whispered shaking. Undeniably, I was slowing down. "I can't....hold on...a..any longer."

My lungs burned, my throat ached for water. My stomach growled with hunger. I can just simply let go. Then, I was tossed up his shoulders.

There, I felt comfortable. "Ro..ss," I spoke, dizzy. "You don't h..have to do this." He didn't look back. "Just shut up." I know he was doing what's best for me, but I was hurt by his words.

Then I was quiet. The yells, clanking of knives, screams, were getting closer. Horrible images and predictions filled my head. I told my mind to shut up.

Ross was slowing down too, his knees wobbled as he took a unsteady step, he tripped, but got back on. Lines of sweat rolled down his forehead. Blood ran down his arms.

I feel myself tearing up. It's all your fault. I scolded myself, wishing I could wipe away the tears with my skinny and aching arms. "Ross let me down."

I tried to sound strong, but it sort of came out raspy and weak. He didn't look back. "Why?" It was full of concern, and in questioning tone. "Just do it." Amd then he obeyed.

As my foot reached the ground, I stood there unmoving. "Laura what are you doing?!" Ross screamed, coming back, tugging at my sleeve. I look at him with a blank expression.

"I give up." I spoke evenly, not able to look at him in the eye. "Okay," he says after a second of hesitation. I turned towards him. "What do you mean? I meant me, since I'm causing you trouble. You will survive without me."

"No I won't." Replied, angrily. "You are my life." Those words melted my hearts. I ran to him, sobbing on his chest. The guys arrived. "Give it up." He smirked.

"Don't you see?" I sniffed, pushing away from Ross' s shirt. "We already did." Then a gunshot.

I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain to come. I opened them just in time to see Ross falling down. "I can't bare to see you die. I'll see you soon," with that, he closed his eyes for the final time, blood rushing out of his neck.

"Nooooo!" I scream, then felt a sharp, burning pain on my chest, making me scream louder.

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!!" I woke up screaming, covering my head with my hands, twisting around in a hospital bed.

"Laura!" Vanessa cries. "Ness," I whispered, slowly turning towards her. "Are you feeling okay?" She was definitely asking about the scream. "Yeah, it was just a dream," I smile.

"So, let's hear the story." I lied down again. After a sigh, Vanessa started, "Well, not that surprising. After you guys got shot, the polices took the three down without a single hesitation." She paused, thinking. "And then they drove you guys to the hospital, bla bla bla."

"And then here we are." Vanessa gestured towards us. Not the best story I've ever heard. I decided to change to subjects. "How is Ross and Riker doing?"

Vanessa's face scrunched up. "I don't know, but I think Riker's fine." And then suddenly she blushed. My eyes narrowed suspiciously, before I say, "How about Gayle?"

"He's in court." She replied, rolling her eyes, clearly not wanting to talk about him. "Well, when can I go?" I asked. She shrugs, "I don't know, I'll ask the doctor." She gets on her feet.

"Be safe Ness." I said as she walked out the door. She smiles, "There's nothing to worry about now."

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

She came back a couple minutes after. "You need to stay for at least 2 more days." Hearing the bad news, I groaned, "But I feel fiiine."

Vanessa took a seat next to my bed. "Complain to the doctor, not me." I crossed my arms and pouted, "How about Ross?" "He's fine, awake, dying to see you."

I blushed, while Vanessa smirks. I raise an eyebrow. "How bout' Riker?" Vanessa shifted in her seat, "He's fine too." She almost whispered.

"A-ha! I knew you'd check on him!" I grin, making Vanessa growl. "Whatever," sne turned away from me. I sigh,plopping down on my pillow.

After an hour of boredom, with Vanessa slightly snoring beside me, I decided to sleep.

There's nothing to worry about.

A/N-so, kinda boring. What do ya think?♡

Vote and comment!

Tiffany