Breaking

Summary: In which a new Teen Titan appears, and Raven feels replaced.

--------------------------------------------------

Long ago, The Teen Titans met Terra Markov. At first she was wonderful, and we loved her so much that we accepted her onto the team. With her Rock Powers being a primary component, we easily won all of our battles.

Then Terra and Beastboy became a couple. They were both madly in love, and while everyone loved them; they forgot about me.

Creepy old me, Raven Roth.

At first, it was unnoticeable. Like, when they all left to go to the Grocery store without me, or they left to go get pizza without me. It was simply unrecognizable.

Things started to get much worse over the past weeks. They started leaving me on Week-long trips, forgetting to remind me that they left. They even left me when the Alarm called, signalling that an emergency was happening.

Soon the team forgot that I existed.

It felt as if Terra replaced me. As if she took the spot that I once carried on the team. I could tell she didn't mean to, but somehow she just did.

Many weeks passed and the more the Team ignored me, the more I started to cry. I would began to starve myself, only coming out for food every time they left me home alone. Cutting myself was also a habit too for me. Sometimes, I would cut so deep that I would pass out from the loss of blood.

My heart constantly ached at how lonely I was. I would even cry myself to sleep at how easily the Team just forgot about me.

I could feel myself slowly Breaking:

My Heart was Breaking apart.

My Soul was Fading away.

My life became... Useless.

My thoughts suddenly dragged me deeper and deeper, until I was at the point of commiting suicide.

And now, as I listen to the laughter of my Former teammates. I slowly walk up the stairs that lead toward the roof.

And as I take each step, my thoughts would tell me things to edge me on.

No one likes you.

It's easy to forget a nobody.

Who would care if you died anyway?

Terra certainly makes a better teammate than you.

I bet they wouldn't even come to your funeral.

I find myself already standing behind the ledge. I'm only about three-inches away, so one step could end it all...

All the pain I've suffered.

All the loneliness I've endured.

All the hurt I've encountered.

So what's so bad about me jumping? It will just hurt a little, then it'll be all over.