Nuclear Family {Prologue}

*chapter titles are song titles {that make some kind of sense, obviously}. triggers are in the description*

don't watch the videos while reading, unless you really want to. the sound doesn't really fit with the chapters - only the titles do. i've put them there so, if you don't know the song, you can listen to it afterwards (:

~✧✦✧~

"Don't... Bang me!"

I give Dan an awkward look after I realise what I've said. He laughs for the camera, but his eyes narrow slightly; although, he has to keep smiling.

~✧✦✧~

"Bye!"

Dan switches the camera off and looks at me angrily.

"Phil... That was so fucking gay. Are you kidding me? How am I gonna go on tour with you if I can't even bear to make videos with you, in our own fucking house!?" he shouts, giving me a dirty look, "Ever since you came out, I feel like you're always... coming onto me or something!"

I look at him in desperation, "I - I didn't mean it like that! I just - I was only making a joke for the camera, Dan! I swear!"

"Well, be careful next time. I don't want to catch your disease or whatever," he looks at me in disgust, walking out and slamming the door behind him.

I came out about a year ago and, since then, Dan's been acting so weird. He hates me and he acts as if we weren't even friends before I told him. I've tried to be civil but I've come to the conclusion that he's just a homophobic asshole, and there's no changing him.

It wasn't too bad when I first told him, I guess. He just didn't really talk to me at all. He'd stay in his room all day and he would only really come out for food. Then, one day, I got tired of it all. I knocked on his door to try and talk to him, but he just shouted, "Go away faggot!"

From then on, he carried calling me that, along with many other things.

And he was never the same.