Chapter 2: Reflecting

Once I got home I ran inside and threw myself onto my bed. I didn't want to live anymore, I was done with life and highschool. Anyone who says it is the best four years of your life is lying! I get up off my bed, walk to the mirror and strip my clothes off. My eyes scan my body in the mirror, I felt disgust bubble up in me. How could I have let myself become this?!
I couldn't take it anymore, the bullying, the stares, the loneliness. It was all too much. I stood in the mirror for about 10 more minutes until I heard my mom come through the front door, I threw on my robe and went to greet her. She was a beautiful woman, around 5'10, slender with jet black hair and brown streaks. Her eyes were a glowing hazel brown that shone like the stars. I quickly noticed she was not acting her normal, spunky self. "What's wrong mom?" I asked, just noticing the yellow folder in her hand. "Sweetie, I need you to sit down before I tell you this" she said to me. I felt my stomachs turn into knots, the fear of the unknown hit me hard in that moment. Did someone die? Is she getting a divorce with my step-dad Mark? I quickly sit down on one of the kitchen chairs and exhale, mentally preparing myself for the news to come. I watched as my mom laid the folder on the table and sat down too, "These are the papers from your pediatrician, she said you are morbidly obese, your cholesterol levels are too high. We need to do something about your weight before you get seriously hurt." I just stared at her for what seemed like forever. I knew I needed to do something about my health, but what? I felt tears rolling down my cheeks as I rose up from the chair, shaking like a scared, little dog. "How,..how do I fix this?" I whispered to my sympathetic mother, staring at me with her compassion filled eyes. "The doctor set us up for an appointment with a dietition on Tuesday after school, she will help you set up a plan to get your health back" she said. Today was Monday, so the appointment is tomorrow. "Oh, alright. I'm going back to my room now" I said, knowing she heard the disappointment and pain in my voice.
I laid back down on my bed staring up at my ceiling. I think about the upcoming week, I was probably going to be the laughing stock of the school when I go back. Even worse is Pamela will eventually find out and never let me live it down. I wish she would just leave school, go back to being homeschooled like she use to be. I use to somewhat enjoy school before Pamela came, I miss those days. I miss them alot.