Chapter 7

Seungri turned me toward him, as my parents were getting closer. I just looked at him. "Who is the little girl?" he asked. "Because I am starting to think things that cannot possibly be true."

"What?" I asked, looking at him in confusion.

"Tell me that is not your child." he said. "She is definitely Korean and you are not. But she knows Suga pretty well and you look like something is really wrong here. Seeing her panicked you. Like you might be hiding something. Hopefully only that your parents don't know about the break up."

"Wait, what?" I said. "No. Oh no, that is not my child. I guess I should have explained that right away. I'm so sorry to freak you out like this. She is my sister. My adopted sister. I don't have a child. My parents adopted her from a girl that was struggling and couldn't keep her. That is the only secret I'm hiding here. Trust me, I would have told you something that important."

Seungri looked relieved. "I'm sorry I jumped to that conclusion," he said. "I just saw this little girl and knew she had to be close to you to know Suga. And then...nevermind. Your parents are really close now."

"Hi, Y/N." my mother said. "What is going on? Who is this? And why is his arm around you?"

"Hi," I said. "I can explain this whole situation. But I'm not really sure where to begin. What are you doing here? I thought you guys were coming out later this week?" I looked over at Suga, but he just looked the other way. "Hi Arianna." I said to my little sister. She smiled and waved, still hugging Suga.

"We decided to come a little early," my mother said. "But why are you standing here with this guy and your boyfriend is not saying anything about it?"

"You never told them?" Suga said, looking at me with a surprised face. "Are you kidding me right now?"

"Told us what?" my mother asked. "What is going on? Someone better start explaining."

"Suga and I broke up over a month ago." I started. "This is Seungri, my new boyfriend. I didn't want to deal with any arguing over my relationship ending with Suga. He broke up with me...end of story. I knew if I told you it would just start arguments. That's why I didn't mention him much when I was home two weeks ago." 

"But you said he was just busy." my mother said. "So you lied?"

"Not exactly lied," I sighed. "He was busy...it was just leaving me that he was busy with more than work." My mother looked at me and then looked at Suga.

"So, there is no chance you are going to try to work it out? After a year together, it's just over?" she asked. "It just seems like a waste."

"He broke up with me," I said. "I couldn't make him change his mind. And now I've moved on. I'm very happy with Seungri. So, no, there is no chance of working it out." I glanced over at Seungri and he looked extremely uncomfortable. My mother just looked at him. 

"Oh man, is he another idol?" she asked. "He has that type of look about him."

"Yes," I smiled. "He is in Big Bang. I know you've heard of them." She looked at him surprised. Then she just looked over at my father, who was just standing there, watching everything. 

"She has a thing for these Korean boys, doesn't she?" my mother laughed. "Ok, well I guess that is the situation. I'm sorry you two are over, but it looks like you are happy, Y/N. What are you doing right now? I was wondering if you could take Ari for a while. I need to relax and I'm sure she will get very bored stuck in the hotel room."

"We were just on our way to lunch," I said. "Did you eat yet?"

"No," my mother said. "Ari is probably hungry. We snacked on the plane, but that's it. Do you mind taking her for a while?" I looked over at Seungri and he smiled and nodded.