Flashback Moment

I was suddenly awoken in my first period Algebra class. "Liam, Liam. You fell asleep halfway through her lesson!" Montie was saying as she shook my arm. "This class always puts me to sleep." I responded. "Oh really," Mrs. Abbott started " well if it's so tiring then maybe you can teach it for us." "Well I don't want to put you out of a job now would I Mrs. Abbott" was my only response with a wide grin spreading across my face. She then turned back to the class and started walking toward the board, saying something about powers and exponents, but I wasn't listening anymore. I was more interested in what Montie was drawing on the back of her class work sheet. It looked like a very intricate rose with about 30 petals. She was already on her third one by the time I was fully awake, she was really, really good at drawing. She had always drawn anime stuff from what I had seen, so it was cool seeing her draw the intricate rose petals.
    "Liam! Can you please give us the answer to number 3 please?!" Mrs. Abbott asked me with a smirk on her face, thinking I wasn't going to get it. "The answer is g>y-9x because you must get the variable alone" I responded with a wide smirk of my own. Her smirk disappeared right after I answered that question correctly, ha ha ha just cause I slept through half of your lesson doesn't mean I forgot everything else, I thought. "Well it looks like we will have to pick back up on this tomorrow morning, be sure to bring your journals" she said as we left. "Time for lunch" Niya said as she walked up behind me. "Yeah I know, I've been here for what 9 months I think I know that." I replied. "Yeah but everything's different since you two have started dating," she said in reply. "Yeah sorry, but you know what it's like to date someone" I said.
    We went to our lockers and got our lunches, her's being a Chick-fil-a sandwich, mine being a ham and cheese sandwich with Doritos and an apple. While my friends were still at their lockers I walked over toward where I loved to sit when they weren't there, with Jaheem. I sat there for another 2 minutes before my friends entered, so I politely left and went over toward my group of friends. We talked through lunch, except the part where Sarah, Montie, and Prisca had to go get their lunches. During this time Jaheem came over and sat with me and my other friends, we talked about the weekend and what our plans were going to be. He was going to build a computer, again, while I was going to the movies with my friends and then get dinner with them.