Chapter 3

"I'm so sick of this, Simon!" My dad's voice was louder than usual, and he was a drill sergent!"This is exactly the reason you still live with us!"

"And why is that, Wyatt, because I pay more attention to your daughter than you do?" Shaun snapped back.

"I don't care how you put it, she's breaking us and you know it!" Eve's voice was high, but still harsh and uninviting."You're spending all of your money on her when you should be putting it towards a place to stay when you're off to college!" I wonder who 'her' is."I get that your sister is important to you, but you can't just splurge on her every year. We tried to cut back, but you're just picking up our slack... Making us look like the bad guys."

"Well, what the fuck are you?" Shaun blurted.I'd never heard his voice so loud, especially towards my father."True enough, you may have adopted her, but she sure as hell didn't ask you to! And... if you adopt a child, don't they make you vow to treat them with the love and respect they deserve? I'm sure that if they didn't, they'd just send the children to a fucking slave ring or som-"

His sentence ended with my father's voice. I could understand that I was adopted, but I was still human. Shaun had a good point there! If I'd known how my life was going to pan out here, I would have never got in the car and rode off with Wyatt. When I met him, he seemed so gushy and like  a big teddy-bear! We did everything together, I even helped him train for a TV show. To this day, he remains "America's Top Ninja Warrior"... For me!

"Excuse me!?" Eve voice seemed like a wake-up call.

"Look, can we just get to the point?" He hurried along." Dani's probably waiting at track for me to pick her up."

"Dani's 15 now, she can do for herself!" Eve demanded.

"And, you're 18?" I could practically hear the smirk on my father's face.

"Yeah, so?"

"You graduate in two weeks.... I want you out of here by then," My dad finished.

"You cannot be serious!" Shaun yelled. " Where am I gonna go?"

"You've got money, figure it out," Eve chimed in.

"I'm pretty sure you can find a cheap, studio apartment," Dad called, his voice nearing the front room. My heart sank with his next sentence." Until then, you have that room upstairs or either your girlfriend's house. What's her name... Kaylee?"

"Dad, I'm not staying with her!" He shouted.

"Well, you still have that one friend of yours, wants to be a wizard or something," Eve suggested.

"You mean Snade! The guy from Harry Potter is Snape!" Shaun's voice came again. "And, I'm sure the last person you want me staying with is Snade, his place is filthy!"

"Well ,I don't know so you better start lookin'," She said.

"I'm so done with this place!"

And the conversation was over. What just happened? I was on an emotional roller coaster at this point in life. Sad. Confused. Depressed. Mad. Excited... Now I was enraged! But, as mad as I was, I knew I couldn't say anything about it to my father. He'd just agree to everything and still end up doing what he wanted. That's the way he worked, and he'd just made it clear that he didn't care how I did.

I was afraid of Wyatt. He was a 6'4", 38 year old construction worker with a toddler's temper. I knew he'd never hit me, but his voice was strong enough to make a caged gorilla cry! Since I was younger, I hated being yelled at, especially by a man. I stayed strong while they were present, but cried when they were gone.