Chapter three

Pool party?

I was dragging myself out of the hotel bed looking over everything looked well outside but I knew better than to look once at anything. People have no idea they live in a world of blood drinking leeches I do however. The whole time I forgot my phone was ringing, “hey who is it?” “What you forget who pays your bar tab kid.” “Joe jobs not done why the hell are you calling?” “New news the vamp has pets you need to get rid of them as well got it kid?” “I got it already, now stop calling me Joe.” The phone slammed down like a bolt of lightning cutting the sky with the whole nightstand shacking with it.

The hunter was out of his element walking around a pool with beach shoes a towel and a drink from the bar. “This is going to be a long day” thought the hunter as he walked to an empty seat. It had a view of the vampire and all the people drawn to it. “Must be nice to be rich huh?” turning to see who had spoken to him the hunter found a girl standing near him. Her hair was in a ponytail and her skin looked like it was burned on her left arm but she made no attempt to hide it. “You looking to be a part of their little life club or something causes your looking over there with a passion.” The hunter only turned from the girl an after a full five minutes of her standing she pulled up a seat and went on and on about who the people were before they were a part of that so called –life club-.

After an hour of talking the girl seemed to stop and the hunter saw what he was looking for the blood drinker taking away some poor human being who had been seating with the leech all day. “Whatever I have work to do later” but the girl got in the way keeping herself out of reach of the hunter while holding her ground with a steel like look in her eyes. “You want something or do I need to push you into that pool?”

“You really don’t get it do you that guy is a vampire he will draw you in and he’ll drain you of your blood like a fruit fly on an orange.”  The hunter draw back a hand and moved the girl to one side and started to walk away but he heard the hiss of a sneak. A full hood of a cobra  flying by the hunters head; he ducked and pulled his leg across the girl’s lower half knocking her to the side of the pool. The cobra was making another Pass at the hunter but this time aiming for his leg. He kicked it into the pool than turned to see the girl running for the hotel door. “Guess I need to get to work now huh?” the hunter walked over to the window closest to the pool and jumped up two floors to the railing of someone else’s room than did the same thing once more, he was three floors away from his own room when the light came on Hayden knew who might have been an his room but he was drawing his gun and pulling out his knife. “Guess work found me.”