chapter two

Blades turning

As the plane came to a stop I turned to see the other people getting their things down I got up and headed for the exit as the flight attendant opened the door. “Have a nice day and welcome to Rome.” She said it like she had stayed up all night trying to get the words what a joke. Seeing that the plane was a one way deal tell I got the job done I headed for the cabs near the front gate. ”Afternoon any of you guys speak any common?” one cab driver turned and said “No but you have a date with the queen.” We both walked off to the end of the crib and made sure no one was near before we got the job underway. “You like taking your time huh Hayden?” “No I just got off the fucking plane so take it down a notch or I’ll make you the contract hmm.” The look the cab driver give was one of disbelief but he only had so much information on who he was dealing with. “I hear you’re the same as those monsters that feed on us humans? “You get that from Joe did you?” “What if I did blood sucker?” Then you’re really not going to like me because I’m not a FUCKING Vampire you halfwit. ” I looked around to see some people walking out of the front of the airport than I turned back to the cab driver to show him what he was dealing with. He all but jumped back like he was being held at gun point which would have been a lot better.

Once the cab driver was calm we headed for his car I got in the back as if I was a fair but he started to say something so I cut him off. “I’m just a fair got it in don’t go tell Joe what you just saw or I’ll kill you with that knife for yours.” “Ok ok I won’t say a word but you’re a wolf how is that even…” I shot him A look that meant keep talking in you going to find out how. “Right sorry I’ll drive you to the hotel than be on my way.” “That would be best hmm.”

I reached the hotel within the hour and parted ways with that talky cab driver I walked down the street than headed up a allay to the back of the hotel, were me gear was waiting for me “ how the hell did Joe ever get anything done.” I headed back to the front and opened the door to a nearly all human hotel.

The guy behind the disk called me over by my code name “Bob Gray?” I walked over to him and signed in he give me my room key and that was that I was now a guest at this hotel. The door opened to easy view of the pool which was perfect for this job. “Guess I’ll have to go swimming today hmm.”