Chapter six

Counting sheep

“The snake charmer was the reason you shot up an elevator shift and filled a room with snacks?” Hayden stood as Joe spoke it went on for about an hour tell Hayden put a hole in the table with his fist. “Look you don’t like the way the job went down than you can fucking do it yourself Joe!” He stood and walked to the door not looking back if Joe was up to stop him, but he stopped as the women from before was walking into the pub. “Back again are we? Well take a seat and I will get right to you miss.” The women walked pass Hayden leaving him to walk right out the front door, their eyes locked for a spilt second as they passed one another. “You could have stopped him you know jell” The women named Jell looked Joe in the eye and flipped him off as she took a seat. “You want to stop a half breed with anger problems you go right ahead I like living thank you very much.” With that no words were said just the sound of beer being poured from the tap.

          Hayden walked back to his bike, turned the key and was headed out on the road with no place in mind. “Great check got cut thanks to that snake girl Damnit she has to pay for this.” He flipped open his GPS tracker and found where it was, “Louisiana huh well guess this calls for a road trip.” Hayden headed for the Freeway with a plan in mind one to make the snack charmer pay the amount that was taken out of his check. Jenna wanted nothing more to do with vampires after she lost to the guy from the hotel. “Why did I have to fight some human with skills like those?” She seat in her tub with the bubbles covering her thinking on how she failed. Her snacks were all over the place awaiting her command. The phone ring than so she got up and grabbed her towel as she walked to answer the phone. “Hello?” “Hi Jenna its Adam we looked over the tapes from the hotel that guy you spoke about in your report was a half breed of some sort…..” Not wanting to hear most the rest of Adams words Jenna went to dress herself after she tossed the towel on to her bed. “Hey you are listening! He needs to be taken out.” “I heard you just fine Adam kill the half breed I got it do I get paid right?” “Yeah of course now locate him and kill him.” The phone call ended with that and Jenna liked this new mission more than the last. “Finally pay back for what that guy did too me at the hotel.”

          Hayden was one full state away from Louisiana and he had no real plan on what he was going to do expect make her pay him his lost cash. “Man what a drag this will be.”