Flower a Blooming...

Prologue

 Today, in the school bus, as I was gossiping with my best friend, I was suddenly disturbed. Ty-rid Jones just had the nerve to rub his tender fingers up and down my leg in the aisle. I was secretly exhilarated, but my face said, “pissed.” I turned around in my seat, which was in front of Ty-rid and I found him and is guy friend Sober. I found Sober and Ty-rid laughing and smiling up at my friend Jordan Baill and I while they were slumping in their seats, feeling no guilt or what-so-ever .

            An all Italian, 6ft.1 ½ drugged up, (surprisingly not an alcoholic), and dirty dude is Ricardo Rodriquez. His nickname for everyone is Sober.  Sober actually claims himself as ‘some kind’ of Hispanic, although, he can slide to be either on either side. With his shaggy dark brown hair, his almost heavy accent, the things he eats and his dirty like tan skin color with a bit slightness shape to his eyes. Rumor had it that in 8th grade in Phil Moore Middle School, he lit up two weeds rolls and two cigarettes and almost burned down the whole school.

The teachers were pointing fingers at Ty-rid because some students reported that he was coming out of the boys’ restroom with a cigarette in his left hand. But, everyone knew it was Sober, because he’s been getting high since the last day of 4th grade! He claims he only did that for a celebration of the end of his living heck in 4th grade. Plus, Sober promised to Ty-rid he would quit after that, but he still continues till this day!

Sober said that he had started drugs during 4th grade from his big brother Joey because their dad was on drugs. He would force them to go to the alleys and sell and trade the drugs if he was not feeling well. Joey would sneak in his dad’s room and sniff up a bit of coke while his dad was in a deep sleep. Once Sober saw his big bro sniffin’ stuff, he too became addicted. Since their mom knew that their dad was taking drugs, some nights she’d spend the night at her cousin’s house. Most of the time, the drugs really had gotten to their dad’s head and he threw fits and sometimes beat Joey and Sober. One day when Sober’s mom had enough with their dad’s chaotic addition, she finally filed for divorce. The outcome was that she won custody over Joey and Sober. And their dad was found killed trying to deal drugs in a dark alley, he used to go to sell and trade with crack heads.

Sober claimed that at his dad’s funeral, there was only him and Joey, because their mom was too fed up with him when he was alive. And, after the funeral, the mom drove over to his grave and peed on it and spit on it! Talk about hate.      

            I met Jordan Baill in 2nd grade when a girl named Indy Stevens was bullying me. Jordan knew what Indy and her crew was going to do to me, so she tied Indy and her crew to one of the swing poles. When the staffs found them after recess, they didn’t tell that it was Jordan because Jordan threatened to tie them to the monkey bars and leave them dangling with tape covering their mouths.

Since that rescue, she and I have been friends ever since. Jordan is biracial: Mexican and Jamaican and she’s about 5ft 7. Her hair is curly-wavy and dark brown like the bark on trees that stops to the middle of her spine and is very playful if I get bored around her. She has a very light accent, accept if she says ‘man’ or ‘woman’, or ‘son’.  Plus she has big eyes that make her look like an indecent bunny. And they’re light brown that match with any clothes that make them brighten up more.

And, not that I look at it but Jordan also has a big badonka donk! Whenever she and I would walk down the halls, she’d stop traffic. People would say that she has Beyonce hips and the old Jennifer Lopez butt. Yeah I guess you could say I am at times jealous. L

Ty-rid Jones is a 6ft. 2 1/2 Black Latino. He has hazel eyes that I secretly drool over. His pure white and perfectly straight teeth lights up my world during my rainy gloomy days. Ty-rid was actually a dream guy for most girls after 4th grade. But, it stopped around 6thgrade until he sprouted some unusual pimples and got some braces. But at the end of 7th grade, Ty-rid got his groove back and his charming smile and irresistible soothing voice. We met up in the middle of 4th grade when I was the new student in another class (because I went back to school late).

At the mean time, Ty-rid is good in all of his subjects. Every day before a period started, outside, he would sing on one knee to me. He’d sing songs from Chris Brown, John Legend, and Ne-yo that he knew I liked because I would be singing them to myself. Frankly, Ty-rid has a good singing voice. In music, he was the lead singer in plays or open mic. He was the perfect male figure. Jordan always tried to get me together with him.

But, once we all gotten older, she’s been against him. I never had the nerve to tell him about how I felt. That I (remember at a very young indecent age) wanted to be his everything. At times I cannot seem to think the same ‘til this day…             

I, Flower Diamond Rose Charter stand out between Sober, Jordan, and Ty-rid. I am 5ft. 6 ½ and have dark brown eyes that don’t even glimmer in the sun. Dimples are like craters in both of my cheeks, while my teeth are slightly straight. I have a curvy body that thought made me look fat—especially my slightly wide thighs. I have wild short curly hair because my mom didn’t want to do any black Barbie doll hair, big lips, and a knack for Gym, Science and Art in school.  Sometimes I feel lonely—especially after my baby brother Nick was killed. Nick was my baby brother 3 years ago.

Nick was a kindhearted person who never wanted to kill a soul or hurt someone emotionally. He was teased a lot when he was in 3rd and 4th grade because he was the shortest. Not just that, but he loved to sing and dance. At his 4th grade dance, in the boys’ restroom, some boys who bullied him forced his head in one of toilets that were full of poop and urine. Nick came home with scars and crap on his face. Mom cried to Dad for Nick to transfer schools, but he denied. Things got even worst once 5th grade started. In his school, the 5th graders were getting high and drinking. I guess you could say that they were doing it, because they’d see their parents doing it. Nick refused to anyone who offered him a drink at lunch or the cigarettes after school.

But, one day at lunch Nick wanted to become “cool”so he drank 1 bottle of wine and another bottle of whisky. He claimed he liked it. Mom and dad were furious so they grounded (and beat his behind) him for 2 months. But, the next day Nick decided to smoke. He then became grounded for 3 more months. He became angry and hung out with his so called “friends” at a dumpster instead of going to after school. At the dumpster while Nick and his friends were talking and smoking, trouble came near. One of Nick’s friends’ dads came over to the dumpster and started to yell at him. The guy had enough and pulled out a gun from his cloak and pointed to the boys’ head. The boy kicked his father in his privates and ran. But, it was too late. The father had shot the poor kid.

The guy then shot the others (Nicks’ friends.) Nick went into a car. He could hear the footsteps coming towards him. Suddenly, a gunshot was made. Nick peered through the window crying. To his surprise, the guy was dead. Who shot him you ask? Well, it was Mr. Gabbner, the junkman who is also a friend of ours.  Mr. Gabbner drove Nick home.

Once Nick came home, I was in shock. He didn’t look well and he looked weary and weak. Mom, dad and I took him to the hospital. The doctor told us Nick had lung cancer. He couldn’t live anymore. I started sobbing with mom. Dad was trying not to cry.  I sat next to Nick and held his hand. Then and there he died. The next day Mr. Gabbner explained what had happened. The last words I heard Nick say since that day he died were, “I love you sis… You are the best sis in the world. Remember that.” Till this day in the house, I could still hear Nick sing and sometimes see him dance in his room, which is now the guest room. And after that, for the longest, I can’t understand myself.