4: "I'm not going anywhere."

"Alana, stay with me." Alec says, hand gently tapping Alana's cheek as Hodge applies another healing rune to her arm. Alana fades in and out of consciousness, the poison from the Ravener demon affecting her harshly. Hodge leaves the room, saying that he can do no more for the moment, leaving Alec by her side.
The pain finally pulls Alana out of her half-conscious state, causing her to sit up with a scream. Alec gently pushes her back against the bed as she looks around the room wildly, her gaze finally resting on Alec but not recognizing him at first.
"Alana, it's me." He states, and she grabs the front of his shirt in a slight panic.
"D-don't leave me, Alec." She says, her voice desperate, eyes wide.
"I'm not going anywhere, Alana, I promise." He answers, sitting down in the chair next to the bed as she slips back out of consciousness.
"I'm not going anywhere."

For the next three days or so, Alec doesn't really leave Alana's side, sticking by what he said.
The second day after the attack happens, Isabelle makes her way to the infirmary, only to find her brother sitting beside Alana's bed. Alana lay asleep, Alec watching over her, ready to be there for her again if needed. Isabelle smiles as she approaches him
"Have you gotten any sleep?" She questions, and Alec nods.
"I sleep when she does." He responds with a shrug.
"Have you left her side?"
"Briefly, but yes... I mean, I promised her I would stay."
Isabelle puts her hand on Alec's shoulder.
"You care about her don't you, Alec?" She asks.
"Of course, Izzy. I mean, she's a good friend.." Alec responds.
"Alec that's not what I meant." Isabelle says, and Alec sighs.
"I know what you meant. I have lived with you for how many years now?" "Alec." Izzy groans.
"Fine, I mean, I guess you could say that I do." Alec says, glancing over at Alana, who's still asleep.
"I knew it. And Alec, I hope you know, she feels the same way about you." Isabelle states before turning on her heel and walking back out of the infirmary, leaving Alec to think about what she just said.
He doesn't have the chance to think for very long, though. Alana sits up, still clearly in pain, and slightly confused.
"Alec?" She questions, noticing him sitting by her side.
"Yes?" Alec responds, meeting her weary-looking gaze. Alana sweeps her hair from her face with her hand, attempting to slightly tame it before speaking.
"Y-you're still here?" Alana inquires, and Alec leans forward.
"Alana, you practically begged for me to stay with you."
"I-I did?" Alana stutters, a blush creeping across her face.
"You did, and I keep my promises, Alana." Alec states, giving Alana a smile.
-----------------

"So, Magnus, why did you want to see me?" Isabelle sighs, strutting into Magnus's living room. The warlock comes comes out of the kitchen, a cocktail in his hand.
"To talk about Clarissa Fairchild, and the whole situation involving Valentine Morgenstern, of course." Magnus states, and Isabelle gives him a look.
"Oh, please. We both know that you would have involved everyone if that were the case." Isabelle smirks, and Magnus sighs.
"Fine. I was.. Wondering if dear Alana Fairchild has realized it yet?"
"Really? You couldn't have asked me that through a text?" Isabelle rolls her eyes.
"No." Magnus responds.
"To answer your question, though, she has." Isabelle smiles, and Magnus laughs.
"Good. Now, has Alexander?" He inquires.
"Yes." Isabelle responds.
"Perfect. Now, I could speed things along if desired.." Magnus smiles, but Isabelle shakes her head. 
"No. This is going to happen as it's meant to, Magnus." Isabelle warns, and Magnus sighs.
"Fine." He responds, and Isabelle gives him one last triumphant smile before sweeping out of the room.
"Lightwoods." He sighs, sinking back into the couch as Chairman Meow climbs onto his lap, purring.

*Okay, maybe this chapter wasn't as long as I thought it was. I was thinking about chapter 5, I do believe. So yeah, chapter 5 is going to be longer, and within it, something good is going to spark.
Until then*

ALSO, KAT MCNAMARA LIKED MY TWEET EARLIER 😍