red.

four days later and dan was still blushing because phil lester had called him pretty boy. actually, phil always called him pretty boy since the first bus-meet up. dan liked it a lot. more than he should.

on this particular day, dan had chemistry with pj and louise again. he sat down between them, as always, and they exchanged glances. they hadn't done this since his first day. had dan done something wrong?

he heard louise sigh. "dan... i heard about you hanging out with phil."
dan took a deep breath.
"you can talk to whoever you'd like, we shouldn't try to stop you but... phil is where we draw the line, dan. we care about you, we don't want him to hurt you. please." louise said, placing a hand on his shoulder. dan didn't understand the big deal back then.
"louise... i'll be careful, okay? i don't even like him that much. he's just someone to talk to when i'm waiting for the bus." dan lied. louise and pj exchanged glances again.
"okay. just be careful ok-" louise was cut off by mr kelly.

"louise? are you paying attention? if you're not, that'll be a detention." he said sternly.
"don't worry mr kelly! i always pay attention in your class," she smiled sweetly. mr kelly rolled his eyes.

----!----

it was lunch time and dan was lost. he'd been here five & a half weeks now and he thought that he knew the place well!

he was looking for the bathroom, absolutely busting. surely, he should have found one by now. why weren't there bathrooms regularly located around the school?! he sighed, turning another corner and spotting a familiar set of trophy cases. he'd been down this corridor already. dan groaned, turning around.

he turned around, only to run into phil lester. he looked up at him, biting his lip nervously. two other boys flanked him. who were they? dan wondered. they looked very cool but a lot scarier than phil.
one of them had bright red hair, the other had brown hair. they both frowned at dan. phil just smiled.
"hey, pretty boy."
"uh- hey... do you know where the bathroom is?" dan asked, looking only at phil.
"yeah. we'll show you there." phil nodded.

they led him down the empty corridors, never speaking. dan didn't really mind though. when they got to the toilet, dan realised that it was in a separate block from the school. he sighed, rubbing his eyes.
"thank you. i'll you see this afternoon, phil." dan smiled. phil frowned for a moment.
"yeah. okay." he smiled and walked into the bathroom. the thought that phil might also need to go to the bathroom hadn't occurred to dan while they were walking. obviously, he did. dan followed.

when he finished in his stall, he saw phil standing by the sinks. dan raised his eyebrows and phil just smirked. so, dan washed his hands, glancing at phil curiously as he did so.

when he was finished, phil walked towards him.
"so, pretty boy." he smiled. "what's your number?"
"my number?" dan asked.
"y'know, your phone number, silly!" phil giggled, shaking his head.
"oh. pass me your phone," phil obliged. dan entered his number into phil's phone under the name 'pretty boy'.
he handed it back to phil, blushing slightly. he watched phil smile at the name.
"you're too cute," he said, poking dan's cheek. "i'll catch you later." he placed a small kiss on dan's cheek - where he had poked it a moment before.

phil left the bathroom. that was the first of many times phil would leave dan.

dan looked at himself in the bathroom mirrors, annoyed to see just how red he was.