Chapter 8- The Sign

Mal's POV
*Mal's Dream*
I was back on the Isle of the Lost. Anthony looked at me with a wicked grin, grabbed me and kissed me. He then threw me to the floor and put his foot on my stomach. I couldn't move or breathe, I struggled but just couldn't.

Ben's POV
*Ben rushed into the girl's room after being summoned by Evie, Carlos, and Jay.*
"What's going on?!" I asked looking at Mal who seemed to be having a nightmare, but wasn't waking up. I knew Mal wouldn't keep herself from waking on purpose especially during a nightmare.
"Evie get her a glass of water. She is going to need it when she wakes up." I say when Mal starts to scream. If only I was in her position instead of her.. I would trade places in a heartbeat. I sat next to Mal on her bed and started to lightly sxratch her back.
"Mal, wake up.. Its only a dream." I said hoping this would work. It didn't. I put my forehead against hers and kissed her lightly.
"Mal, please princess.. I need you to get up." her screaming has stopped but my heart melts when I see she is crying. I pick her up and hold her in my lap. I dont know what to do anymore so I start to sing 'Did I Mantion'.

Mal's POV
*Mal's Dream*
Anthony finally got off me, but now he is pulling me up by my arm , I am very confused but I get up anyway. He shoves me against a wall and tries to kiss me but I slap him and run. No matter what I do I cant get away so I sit down and start to cry. 'Where are you Ben?' I think to myself.
All of a sudden I hear a noise, a soft silent noise.. Its Ben, his singing.. Its very distant but I start to run toward it.
*Mal wakes up*
"Ben?" I slightly scream when i wake up.
"Its okay Mal, I am right here." he says holding me in his lap.
"I was- and you..." I can't get the words out and I just burst into tears. Ben pulls me in and holds me in a strong hug with caring arms and doesn't let go until I stop crying.
"Its ok, I'm here Mal.. It was just a dream." Ben says. But I know thay that was more than just a dream, it was a flashback from how Anthony treated me on the isle. Ben starts to get up to leave, but I don't let him until I fall asleep in his arms knowing I am safe.