Chapter 21- To Bad to be Good

Chad's POV
"Mal!" I called as we all started walking back to the campus. She looked over at me disgusted, she was in the middle of a conversation and I seemed to have interrupted her. "Can I talk to you for a second?" I questioned and she held up a finger gesturing she would be there in a minute. When she finished talking to Ban she kissed him and walked over to me.
"What's up?" she asked cooly.
"Well..." I stopped and grabbed her arm. "I need to show you something." I said and led her towards the back of the group. When my back was turned to her a devious smile came over my face. This was gonna be good.

Anthony's POV
I watched as Chad led Mal away and saw his face light up with a smile that only meant trouble, Mal looked a bit distressed being away from Ben. I decided to follow them, just so I could keep an eye on Mal. I followed them stealthily and stayed where I could hear them. When the rest of the group was gone Chad started to ramble on about berry bushed and enchanted flowers.
"Cut to the point, Chad. I dont wanna be out here all night" Mal said and I saw her shiver and look around. She spotted me but didn't say anything.
"Well, Mal... I have seen the way you look at me." Chad started to back Mal into a tree but I stood my ground. "I think you like me." he leaned in to kiss her but she snapped her fingers and he froze.
"Okay, Chad, back off. I am happily dating Ben." Mal said sternly. Chad unfroze and knocked Mal to the ground. That is when I ran out and pushed him away from her.
"Back off Chad." I said and stood in front of where Mal lay, I treat her like a sister now because clearly she will never love me, but its cool.
"Why, Anthony? I thought you'd want to try to get her back." Chad said. I turned and helped Mal up, her head was bleeding a bit so I ripped a peice of cloth off of my shirt and tied it around her head. She leaned against me for support.
"No, Chad. I love her, but not like a boyfriend, I love her like she is my sister." I slapped him and helped Mal back to the campus. About half way she almost passed out so I piggybacked her the rest of the way.

Mal's POV
I cant believe Anthony of all people helped me... And now he says he loves me like a brother.. I can live with that. I hugged him and thanked him when we arrived at the campus but he had to help me to my room where Evie came to my instant aid.
"Omigod!" she shreiked "What happened Mal?!"
"Well, lets just say Chad Charming, isn't all that 'charming'." I said and lyed down on my bed. Evie got a was cloth and washed the blood off my face, then she got me some medicine and water.
"Thanks, E." I said hugging her. I felt a tear roll down my cheek because for the first time, I felt like I had a real family. "I love you." I whispered.
"I love you too, M." she hugged me even tighter. I quickly changed into my pajamas and lyed back in my bed. I instantly fell asleep and the only person on my mind was Ben.