8

"Guys I can't breathe!" Elena gasped for a breath of air as her two ex-best friends squeezed her to death in a three person hug.

Once they pulled away Elena took in as much air as needed for her lungs to work again. It had been a week since Elena had called up Bonnie and Caroline and made plans to catch up. Amara ran upstairs to hide in her room before Caroline could see her. She didn't want this crazy lady stealing her air like they stole her mommy's.

"Where have you been all these years?" Caroline demanded putting her hands on her hips.

Elena hesitated with her answer. Bonnie hadn't told her. Pregnancy always made you forget stuff. "Well..."

"She has a kid," Bonnie blurted all of a sudden finally telling Caroline.

"What!" Caroline shouted in complete shock looking over at Elena.

Elena stood up at the foot of the steps the led down to the second floor of the house. She saw Amara run up there and was pretty sure Amara was spying on their conversation downstairs. Amara who was super shy hid in the crook of Elena's neck hiding her face from Elena's ex best friends.

"Oh my! It's like a mini Elena!" Caroline's eyes bugged out at the sight of Amara. "How did you get pregnant at such a young age? I mean, you're Elena Gilbert."

Bonnie and Elena shared a glance. Bonnie nodded. "It's Stefan's baby. I was only two months pregnant when he broke up with me."

"Can I hold her?" Caroline asked politely.

Elena nodded and smiled. Giving Amara to Caroline, Caroline copied Elena holding Amara correctly. "She's really pretty. She looks just like you with Stefan's green eyes."

"Thanks." Elena wished Amara got more of Stefan's features, but she was glad Amara at least got his blue eyes. 

"Natural beauty is something luckily you have. Fashion beauty...not so much. You need to go shopping with Auntie Caroline. Who's been dressing you? It looks like Elena's style barfed on you."

"Hey!"

"Sorry Elena, but it's the truth whether you like it or not." Caroline put her hands up in surrender.

Amara giggled chewing on her pinkie. "Me thought me only had one auntie. Is she Mommy's sissy too?"

Elena took Amara back in her arms from Caroline. "No, you only have one aunt. That's Auntie Katherine. These two are my best friends from high school. They were like my sisters. Can Mara call you guys Auntie?"

"Yes." They all nodded happily at the thought of having Amara as a niece. Each of them had their turns holding Amara. Amara warmed up to Bonnie better and warmed up to Caroline for the first time quickly. Elena got all of them snacks and they started talking while Amara played with her dolls.

Caroline had gone to Whitmore College. She's got a major in fashion. Now she is operating her own fashion company and had a lot of major lines that had been favorited the minute they came out. Klaus and she were now engaged and getting married in two months. Also the second they started talking about the wedding Caroline asked Elena to be a brides' maid and Amara to be the flower girl. Klaus and her still hadn't found one yet.

Bonnie and Damon had been married for one year and expecting a child in two months. They had chosen for the sex to be a surprise, but already had names picked out. For a girl they would name her Gabriella, and for a boy they would name it Tyler.

Elena missed so much in her best friends' lives. All Elena had done was finish college at the top of her class, become a teacher, and raise a kid at eighteen. Not much was accomplished like she had planned her future before she was pregnant with Amara. It wasn't much to be proud of either. But still, Amara was Elena's pride and joy. Nothing could change that.

"So, I'll take Mara shopping on Thursday," Caroline snapped Elena out of her little memory lane.

"Yes."

After that Bonnie and Caroline left due to having to go to different places for different things. Amara had fallen asleep on the couch with braids in her curly brown hair, Bonnie's work for sure. Elena picked Amara up and carried her upstairs to her new princess themed room. Laying Amara down on her old princess bed Elena kissed her on the forehead. Turning her light out Elena left her daughter's room.

Now Amara had four aunts. Elena's friends now knew about her dirty little secret. Every secret she use to have is now gone. Only Stefan and her family were in the dark about Elena's daughter. Maybe it was finally time to tell her family about Amara.