I

*Kindly put your playlist here*

I've always had this feeling that I wasn't alone. That the darkness will slowly creep inside of me and take everything that I was and what I am. But darkness, wasn't my only enemy, but so was the light.

***

My hearing has officially failed me. I hear things as if I am in a room and I can hear any and every one as if they are trying to tell me something. When I look at my surroundings I only come to see that no one is there. At first I thought it was a medical issue dealing with my hearing, but when the occurrences started to happen more frequently, I soon started to realize that it was all in my head. Almost as if I was battling with myself; as if someone or something was telling me I am not "NATURAL".

This all started back in the seventh grade when I heard my parents talking about normal adult things, while looking for them I suddenly heard a car approach into the driveway. Once they stepped out of the car, they smiled at me like two Cheshire Cats and continued with their day.

After years of not knowing what was going on with me I couldn't help but to feel nervous about something as my sixteenth birthday drawled near. Upon arriving at school I stepped out onto the school grounds and I felt the warm crisp air kiss my face, voices fought in my head aching to be heard. One voice that said my name over and over again waiting to be answered,

"Skylar Brown... Skylar... Skylar Brown." I wanted to snub the voice but it kept getting louder and louder until I couldn't take it anymore.

"YES...!" I answered back hesitantly.

The male voice was serious when he spoke," Meet me after school at Johnson Park at 3:30," he demanded. Without waiting for my answer he automatically cut off; I was no longer able to hear the voices anymore.

As the rest of the day past, I had an internal battle with myself, whether to meet this mystery man. All kinds of scenarios scrolled through my head of what could happen. But when 3:15 hit, without hesitation I found myself heading Johnson Park. This meeting was an opportunity  to find out who these people were in my head and to find out what they wanted from me.

I drove up to the park and saw a boy around the age of sixteen, he had skin the color of caramel, his hair as dark as night, and eyes the color of the night sky, but what I really noticed what was on his arm; a tattoo of Japanese letters.

*The symbols on his arm*

I hopped out of the car and walked towards him.

"Skylar, my name is Chance. I've heard a lot about you," his deep voice stated.

His looked at me intensely  and sighed,

"You have this special ability that not many people in mankind have. I need you to come with me to help others like us." Did he just say US? Of course not my mind is really doing somersaults.

Shocked, I knew I couldn't do it, I've never done anything so important in my life. I did not know what he was asking of me, yet I stated,

"I can't, I have a family to tend to. I can't just up and leave." His piercing blue eyes stared at me doubtfully and he said, " I can't do this without you. You're the only one who can help me achieve our goal, you have to come with me." How is this OUR goal? I was very skeptical about this and I have in and simply asked," What do I have to do?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys💕.
Thanks for reading the first chapter of my story Sound waves! I hope you guys really enjoyed it .

The picture in the middle of the chapter is an example of Chance's tattoo meaning 'sound waves'.

This chapter was dedicated Laneygirl18 .

                                    ("Kier-sten") 💜

                                    ("Kier-sten") 💜