III

*Kindly put your playlist here*

***

I felt like everything was turning upside down. My world slowly drifting apart. Chance, my brother? He doesn't even look like me! My face was laced with bewilderment, because what does this mean about chance and I? Is this thing going on in my head all in one entity that I call family?

"What do you mean that Chance is my brother? Isn't he the same age as me?How can that even be possible...? Unless... He's my twin!" My dad slowly gawked at me as if I grew two heads.

"How did you hear me? Oh no. No, no, no, no. You have to leave. You have to leave now!" He ran to Chance and Kami that were on the other side of the room and talked to them fast and lowly. After he finished they both turned to me with worried faces.

Chance looked me in the eye and said, " Read my mind."

I stared at him intensely and heard him say, "If you can hear me you're in deep trouble. You have to go home before they find you. They WILL find you and you'll never live to see the rest of your life."

I was hoping that all of this was a joke and I'd wake up from all of this madness. You know how in the movies the characters would pinch there selves where'd they think that they were in a terrible dream and they think that they will wake up in a matter of seconds? Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me.

Chance looked at me with a very stern face and quietly said, "Did you hear me?"

"Yes", I said.

My dad walked up to me and kissed my forehead and whispered in my ear, " You have to go back to New York with your mom and brother, your family before something happens to you." I could feel the warm, salty tears brim my eyes and slowly slide down my face.

" You guys are my family. Chance, Kami and you dad are my family and I can't just leave you guys. Especially when I just met you all. I've always wanted a older brother and now I have one."

There was so much to be done. This wasn't not the end of our Journey, this was just the beginning.

***
The picture at the beginning of the chapter is the hotel Chance took Skylar.