Chapter 4: Focus Focus

Jens POV

It's been almost two weeks now and Jacob and I barely talk nowadays me and Alex have gotten closer. Which is cool but I need my besty the one who makes me laugh. The one I run to whenever I need to talk, I mean we still talk here and there but he's my neighbor and I barely see him.

Our birthday is coming up and every year instead of having a party we rent movies and order pizza and watch all our faves together. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix and Fight Club. Before you say anything Fight Club is amazing and possibly the best movie ever Edward Norton is a genius and who doesn't love Brad Pitt.

So like every year we watch um we laugh we cry, well I cry he kind of just comforts me. Ugh I miss my best friend that's it I'm calling him.

“I kind of always knew I’d end up your ex-girlfriend" plays from my phone and u quickly pick it up.

Jacob...no its Alex he said, oh hey Alex.

 You don’t sound so happy to hear from me.

 No it’s not that i just thought it was Jacob was calling it’s been two weeks since i talked to him.

Isn’t he your best friend?

Yeah but, we had a huge fight a two weeks ago well not really huge but we really haven't talked since then…as I threw my pillow on the bed and crashed my face into it…

Why don’t you go over and talk to him if it’s bothering you so much…as he's talking in my ear about school and going back down to Riverside I heard Jacobs’s guitar playing a really great strum. Hey Alex imma call you back in a bit. I hung up and made my way over to Jacobs’s garage where I knew he was.

Jacobs POV

This is the longest I've ever gone without speaking to Jen but she seems not to mind. With her new boyfriend and all it's nothing to her. She hasn't even called me it's awkward with her being right next door she hasn't even come to our practice which really isn’t like her.

 Oh well, whatever after the whole blow up we had. How I felt when I saw him kiss her things were weird for me and I really didn't know what that meant. I just gotta keep my head focused so I headed in my garage to strum on my guitar and practice this song. I'd been writing a lot different then what I and the band play but still awesome.

You show me your heart and I see your soul

You lose me again and I can’t stop thinking

But then you lose me again

My heart beats for you but you never see

Just how it is to be with me

Just how it could be if you were with me

As I start to play I feel someone's watching me so I turn around to see Jen.

Jens POV

“Hey”.

…he looks so into his music almost like he’s on another planet…

Hey, he said and continued playing.

Can I join you?

He nodded and I moved way over to my guitar and joined him playing along. We did that for about an hour just played in silence. It felt eerie being there just in silence that's so not us. We are used to joking around all crazy instead we are hear all quiet and it hurt this is my best friend the one I come to when I have a problem. Now who do I go to?