Chapter 12

[A/N] Don't stop reading just yet. It's just getting started. You guys are in for a small...surprise.

It's been about five days since Gavin called, texted, Skyped, or anything. I was starting to worry some. I was hanging out with the girls today and they told me I should try calling him when I got home.

Good idea.

I walked inside our appartment and saw Mike hanging his head clutching the phone in his hand. He was shaking. For some reason this brought me a lot of worry. "Michael?"

He popped up really quick. "Shit!" he mumbled to himself. That definitely brought me worry.

"Michael!" I yelled. "What's going on?"

"Sit down..."

"No!"

"Do you still have Gavin's necklace?"

My heart sank into my stomach. He told me to sit down, and now he's asking if I still have something of his. Oh no. Gavin's breaking up with me. No... "Yes," I choked holding onto it.

"Keep it," he sighed. "Please sit down."

"Is he breaking up with me?"

"Uhhh."

I started crying.

"No! He isn't dumping you!"

Phew. "Then what is it?"

He swallowed hard. "Tammy called. She said she ran up to England on her own to apologize to Dan."

"Oh no. What she do?"

"Nothing. She said... Gavin and Dan had an accident with the Slow Mo Guys. It blew up too fast, and they were rushed to the hospital."

I shot toward the door. I was going to England.

"No! Stop! Ally!"

"I have to be with Gavin!"

"Gavin's dead!"

I stopped. I felt like someone punched me in the stomach. Everything in me felt cold. I turned around trying not to cry. "What did you say?"

"Tammy called and said Gavin was dead when they arrived to the hospital."

"Tammy could be lying!"

"I tried reaching them for thirty minutes. No answer."

Tears fell down my face.

"Gavin's gone."

No. No! He can't be gone! He promised. He can't be dead!

"Go fuck yourself Michael!"

"What?"

"That's a really sick joke! Saying the love of my life is dead! Seriously! Have you lost your fucking heart?! I'm family, and you're doing this shit to me!"

"I'm not joking Alissa."

"You're fucking sick Michael! He's alive and you know it!

"Alissa. He's gone." His voice sounded hurt and comforting.

"NO HE'S NOT! HE'S COMING HOME!"

"Ally..."

I went up to Michael and started sobbing. Gavin's not dead. He can't be dead. "STOP BEING SUCH A SICK ASS BASTARD!" I smacked him a lot, but I didn't have the strenghth to at full strenghth. I couldn't find it in me. "HE'S ALIVE! WHY CAN'T YOU STOP LYING TO ME! GAVIN FREE DID NOT LEAVE ME! HE'S ALIVE!"

He pulled my arms down and held me. "Ally, if I could bring him back I would. I wish it was a joke. I really wish it was..."

He was serious. Oh God let me wake up from this hideous nightmare.