Chapter 9

We got off the plane and rented a car down to explore just a tad. I shot a text to T.

(Me) Hey. Are you at my old appartment like I told you? It's really hard to give directions to your place.

(Tammy) Yeah. I'm here. Are we going straight to the airport?

(Me) No. We're going walking just a bit then going. We catch our England flight in a few hours.

(Tammy) Sounds good. See you two in a bit.

I smiled at Gavin. "We're going to my old appartment."

He gave that goofy smile. "Where's that? I've never been to Tennessee before. Especially not this town."

I laughed. "Go to Mercer Road. Its four blocks this way. Take the third right on that road, then the fifth left. Drive a block ahead and there it is."

"Got it."

We found T sitting on the steps outside. I smiled and got out of the car. Gavin followed.

"Wanna go walking the path we always took?" she smiled.

"Are you drunk this time?"

"No. I'm sober."

I laughed. "Alright then. Gav. You wanna come?"

He walked up to us and took my hand. "Uh yeah. You are?" he asked T.

"I'm Tammy, but everyone calls me T."

"Can I call you Tammy?"

"Sure thing. You can call me anything Gav."

"Call me Gavin..."

"No problem. Love your work on the Slow Mo Guys."

"Thanks," he smiled. I could tell the smile was fake.

"Are we going?" I cut in.

"I am if you are," Gav smiled.

We walked down the path. The chilled Tennessee air coming from the trees and mountains consumed me once again. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as we were walking. I could smell the sweet scent of the forest in the mountain air.

I opened my eyes once again and saw a rabbit eating grass. I looked over to my left and saw two squirrels playing with a chipmunk. I laughed to myself as they ran away. I saw a deer running with her babies. I smiled.

I missed this place so much. It was going to pain me slightly when we left. Left for good.

We walked hand and hand the whole time. T put in her headphones and walked ahead of us. I smiled. Finally some alone time.

"Why did you do that?" I whispered.

"Do what?"

"Everyone calls you Gav. You call everyone by their nickname. What's going on?"

"I saw your texts between her. Mike showed me. I didn't like that she wanted to hook up with me okay..."

"Oh. That," I sighed. Ugh.

"I saw that you snapped at her over it too."

I did... I knew that. I hated the fact that she wanted him. She still wants him. "I hope she starts liking Dan more than you," I grumbled.

"She'll never get me," he laughed. "She's not pretty enough."

I looked up at him. "You date a girl by how pretty they are?"