Chapter 13

Days have gone by. Each one a nightmare. Weeks have gone by. Each one torture. It's been a month since Gavin's death. I haven't gotten any better. Actually, I've gotten worse.

I stopped going to Achievement Hunter. Everyone was noticing that I wasn't right, so I quit going. All that I had left to remember Gavin was his creeper necklace.

Michael told me to let go about two weeks ago. It was the fifth time I had been drunk. Fifth wicked hangover. When I was drunk, I forgot about Gavin, and the pain numbed. I couldn't feel anything. Not a thing.

I stopped drinking again because Michael was afraid. The last time I was drunk I passed out after drinking a lot. He thought I was killed by alcohol poisoning. After that he really wanted me to let go of Gavin.

He asked me if he could hold on to the creeper necklace for a few days. He thought if I couldn't see his belonging, I wouldn't think of him. Sadly, it didn't help anything. When he took it away, it was torture. That was when my depression skyrocketed. I started having nightmares and waking up screaming. I stopped talking to everyone.

He gave me back the necklace hoping that I would go back to only mourning. It didn't. I stayed the way I was. No. That's a lie. I kept getting worse. It got to the point where I wouldn't talk to Michael if he didn't speak to me first.

I woke up startled again. I held in a scream as tears ran down my face once again. Michael awoke once again. Probably startled by the rapid movement of the bed. He pulled me in his arms and tried comforting me.

"I had the dream again..." I cried.

"Shhh. It's just a dream."

"I miss him so much!"

"We all miss him."

"Why can't I wake up?!" That was the first time I ever said that to Michael.

"What do you mean? You're awake Ally."

"I'm trapped in a nightmare where Gavin doesn't exist."

"Shh... Go back to sleep okay. I'm right here."

I lay back down and tried to sleep. I knew I'd have the nightmare again. I didn't close my eyes all the way. I just lay there remembering the dream in perfect detail. The nightmare I've been having for what seems like forever.

The sun is shining bright. Gavin and I are back in England. It's slightly cold there today, so Gav put his jacket around me no matter how much I protested. I was watching them start their Slow Mo Guys video.

Gavin stared at me smiling as he waited on Dan to come back outside from inside the house.

"So, what're y'all doing today," I said in my full Tennessee accent. He smiled wide everytime I talked without any percent of the Austin accent I slightly picked up.

"We're going to blow this up," he said pointing to some object in the yard, "and record the flames. I think it'll look cool in slow motion."

I smiled as they turned on the camera and started shooting. I sat in a chair across the yard. I saw Dan light it up, but it didn't light at first. Dan came over to Gavin and tapped him.

"It's not lighting."

"Let me see," Gav said walking over towards it.

I saw it sparking and tried to get out of the chair to warn Gavin to move. The jacket was stuck, and I couldn't get up. It was sparking slightly some more underneath, but I still couldn't get up.

"GAVIN WATCH OUT!" I screamed to the top of my lungs still trying to get loose. I couldn't even wiggle my way out of the jacket.

It was too late. It exploded, and all I cold see was the flame. I could feel the heat from where I was sitting.