Chapter 19

I woke up crying. I had a terrible dream, and it felt so real. For everything that I've been through, I thought that it really was.

I was driving down the road, and noticed a body laying down in the road. I saw another body, a male one, over him. I pulled out my cellphone just in case someone was really hurt.

I parked my car and walked over to them. I saw blood everywhere.

"Do you need any help?" I asked staring at them.

Michael looked up at me in horror. "Get out of here!" he screamed.

"What? Why?"

"Just go!"

"Michael," I said with my voice shaking. "Who is that on the ground?"

"No one!"

"Michael!"

"Stop that!"

"Not until you tell me!"

"Gavino."

Adrenaline pumped through me completely as I fell down to Gavin's side. I pushed Mike out of the way and took his place. Gavin was covered in blood, and it looked like he had been stabbed in the stomach, and his face had been cut. I placed my hand behind his head, trying to get him to stay upright.

"Gavin! Who did this to you?"

"Ally," he mumbled in a slight whisper. His eyes were full of pain. "Leave me! Please."

"No! Never!"

"You have to go," he said grasping my hand.

"I can never let you go!"

"You won't." He painfully placed his hand on where I was still wearing his creeper necklace. "I'm always going to be with you. As long as you have this."

"Gavin! I love you!"

"I love you too. If you love me, you're going to run away!"

"I can't leave you! I want to be with you!" Tears started to fall and I pulled my arms around him. "Forever like we promised."

"Ally! You don't understand!"

"Michael!" I said turning to him. "What does he mean?"

"Alissa... Someone--"

We heard gunfire.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" Gavin shrieked with the little amout of energy he seemed to have.

"Not without you!"

"Mi-cool!" he coughed.

We heard shots again, followed by screaming.

"Who is that?!" I asked terrified.

"Someone who's out to kill Gavin!"

"No!" I cried. "We have to get him out of here!"

"Ally! You have to go!"

"Why?!"

"Cause they know about you!"

I looked at them in horror.

"Ally! I told them you broke up with me. I told them you no longer loved anything about me. You hated me. I said I was over you. If they see you here, if they see us the way we really are, they're going to hurt you too."