Chapter 1 Getting Ready

Chapter 1

I awoke to the sun shining in my face, I would’ve thought I was on one of those movies where life was perfect. Until I lifted up and saw my bedroom my closet doors were broken off the hinges because of a fight between my mother and big sister Nila. I look to the left and there is my dresser with teddy bears, make-up, pictures, and things for my hair. I look down to notice my second drawer is still broke. Huhh I really don’t want to go to school today but I can’t drop out till I’m 18 and I’m only 15. I grab my towel and clothes and head towards the bathroom.

I stood back at the back of the tub as the water ran the shower always ran ice cold water first, I felt the water warm up under my feet so I got closer to feel it. Yes nice and warm I quickly lathered up and rinsed off. I dried my body and then put on my lotion it was Victoria Secret’s Mango Temptation. I don’t know today I just felt like getting pretty. I threw on my panties and a pretty red and white polka dot bra to match, now was the hard part I had to squeeze into my pants, just as I was almost in I slipped and hit the sink right before the glass soap holder fell I grabbed it. The last thing I wanted to do was wake up my mama. I wanted to leave the house as fast as I could. I put on my pink fitted shirt it accented my yellow jeans with a pink trim on my pockets.

I grabbed my tooth brush out the cabinet and brushed my teeth. I proceeded to do my make-up. A little clear lip gloss and some pink, white, and yellow eye shadow. I then did my hair I decided to go with a simple messy bun on the top of my head. I was glad I got my just below the shoulder length hair from my father who ever that was anyway. I let out a little chuckle as I thought about him to myself. As I thought on I wouldn’t mind meeting him. I looked at myself in the full body mirror on the back of the door. I was a thick girl most people thought I was 19, my nice size breast a C, my smooth caramel/milky brown skin yes I two toned, to my round shaped face, full lips, pretty hazel eyes, I mean what more could a man ask for? Just as I opened door Nila was in midair going for a knock. “Damn girl you take forever, get out my way so I can get sexy to!” Girl boo I playfully punched in her stomach as I was walking out. “alright big-booty Chasity” she said as she playfully slapped me on my booty. I couldn’t help but smile I mean yea my booty was big but Nila tah big sis had it going on. She stood a little taller than me at 5’4 she had beautiful dark milky skin, gorgeous green eyes, small waist but very thick, a round face similar to mines, long hair to the middle of her back, full lips with a lower lip piercing,  and a Big booty. I loved my big sister to the death of me she took care of me. I walked to the kitchen and took a look around. I swear every morning it got worse.

The tiles in the floor were broken, paint pilling on the wall, and dishes piled up. I couldn’t wait till me and Nila moved out! I reached the cabinet and grabbed a bowl I didn’t have to open it because my mama broke the door last night. I filled my bowl with fruit loops and milk. Just as I finished my bowl Nila walked in and grabbed her a muffin. “Chasity come on for we be late” ok I put my bowl in the sink and turned around and there stood Nila in some black leggings lacey up the side with a long black sheer sleeve shirt buttons stopping just above her belly button piercing which was accented by her tattoo of a phoenix coming out of the ashes going from below her belly button to her side. The shirt was longer in the back. The back was sheer just like the sleeves with a black strip going across where her bra would be showing.

Then I looked at her heels she had some black suede pumps. Her hair was in banana curls with a swoop bang it looked cute since she dyed hair brown in the back and a dark red in the front. Her eye shadow was on point the black, grey and gold went together well, she even changed a lip ring to a black hoop with grey balls on the ends it made her lips look even more fuller. Umm Nila who you looking good for? “girl I’m just feeling myself today”.Mmhmmm little sis gon find out! “Girl BOO” Nila said with a smile on her face.

My sister had the prettiest smile even with braces. I grabbed my pink flats and and put them on as I slide on my gold hoops in my first hole. I kept studs in my other four holes. Three at the top and my second hole next to the first. Just as we were about to walk out the door I looked over to my mother she laid on the couch mouth all open knocked out. In my mind she was sleep but in reality she unconscious from the crack.

A tear left my eye as I look at her she was once so beautiful her my smooth skin unlike my sister and I she was light skin with long hair matted to her head, her once bright grey eyes now dull and dark. What happened to her? “Chasity come on you and I both know the drugs did that to her.” I look up to see the hurt in Nila face right before she turned her head.