Save me!

Huhh I hated going through the apartment buildings this early. All the crack heads were out at this time and the dealers. Nila grabbed my hand as she quickened her speed. “AYE Aye Nila you 18 nah so when you gon be mine?” Look Smokey I don’t want it ok so just let us go me and Chass gotta get to school. “I want to talk for a minute.”

Nila turned to me she hugged me and whispered in my ear run to the car when you hit the third stair case and then slid me the keys. Ok love you Ni-Ni. I made to the third stair case and bolted. What chu want Smokey I asked as I backed away from him? “you of course why moving away?” Because you a fucking pervert and you always tryna fuck young ass girls I wanted to say but didn’t.

Now don’t get me wrong now I had hands for days but in these heels. And fighting Smokey un-un he was too big and sloppy and could easily sit on my ass. Plus I didn’t have the strength after fighting my mother yesterday she may be a crackhead but she still got it. “hello I’m talking to you Bitch”.  All hell nawl I got yo bitch with all my mite I swung and caught Smokey in the mouth. Blood trickled down to his greasy shirt.

For a drug dealer it didn’t seem like he had shit. “YOU STUPID HOE” was all I heard before he had his nasty dirty hand around my neck lifting me. Even in my heels my tippy toes were barely touching the floor. Tears began to fall from my eyes from lack of oxygen and my thoughts about Chasity, my babygirl, my little sister who would protect her from this cold ass world. I felt him sliding he greasy had up my shirt to my bra he snatched my bra off  causing blood to trickle down my back from the hooks scratching me.

Pa Pa please don’t do this I cried hard now threw closed eyes. “Bitch you should’ve gave Smokey what he wanted” he said with a chuckle. I was fading in and out of consciousness but I still felt his touch as he was going to grab my breast. “BANG” I felt chunks and wetness hit my face as I fell to the floor and landed on something sloppy and mushy. I opened my eyes my vision was blurry as it cleared I notice I was covered in brain matter my hands laying in blood and me on top of Smokey’s dead body. "AHHHH ON MY FUCKING GOODNESS."

My breathing quickened I was having a panic attack. I began to strip taking off my shirt I couldn’t bear with having on this shirt covered in Smokey’s brains. “Aye cool out shortie you good now stop yelling before you attract attention.” I heard a male voice say a smooth one at that. Covering my chest on my knees I look up threw blurry eyes because of my tears threating to fall.

He was quite tall around 6’2 beautifully tanned skin, nicely toned up body, gorgeous light brown eyes, he was dressed in a black shirt and some pants with some black timberlands on. He took off his shirt most likely because it had blood and brain matter splattered on it. He then took off his black wife-beater. And handed to me. “Here put this on” I grabbed the shirt “I won’t look that is if you don’t want me to.” He said cooly while licking his juicy big pink lips. All I could think was…how they would feel against mine. Well don’t look I said in a shaky voice. “Cool” he said before turning around. I slide and his shirt and stood up. You can look now. He stepped closer to me. I tried to step back but end up tripping over my heels. “whoa whoa don’t break nothing nah” he said as grabbed me.

I won’t I said as shied out his grasp. “Aww I not gon hurt you” he said as he slipped he gun in his back pocket. I stared at him, his upper chest was full of tattoos. Lawd did he have a body. Then it dawned on me. I have to go I said as I bolted down the stair cases. Chaisty I screamed as I ran through all the hallways. I busted through the front door to our building straight to my car. Out of breath I banged on the windows damn near on the verge of tears. Chasity she sat up stretching I guess she was sleep.

I woke up to seeing Nila banging on the window with watering eyes I had forgot I had sent Kool-aid to get her. I was running for my life when I ran into him all I managed to get out was Kool..my….sister…fifth…floor..HELP HER. I opened the door to her hugging me and kissing me on my forehead she even told me she loved me. Wait what happen?

Nothing she said don’t worry about it I’m okay. “Damn girl you run fast” kool-aide said as he jogged over to us. Ummmm kool-aid wait, where yo clothes at and what happened with my sister? “Aww don’t worry bout that youngin too much info for your ears.” I was getting frustrated with everybody treating me like a baby I mean shit I been grown she I was 4 and I’m going to be even older when I’m 16 which is less than 3 days away.

Kool-aid I thought that’s his name. I've seen him around the block a couple times when me and Chass use to make runs for my mama. I turned around to see him with a big ass kool-aid smile spread across his face. It was contagious I couldn't help but smile at him and thank him for saving my life and my innocence. Yea I'm 18 and a virgin.  

Just as I was pushing Chass over to the passenger seat getting ready to climb into the car. He grabbed my hand and gently pulled me towards him. “Look you don’t have to go to school I mean the shit you just saw probably got yo mind fucked up” Umm I..I Chass has to go, I managed to stutter out. “That’s cool I can take her and you can roll with me until she gets out of school if that’s cool with you.?” Umm yea I guess I mean I didn’t know him like that but for Chass to know him meant he was safe and he did just save my life. Ok let me tell my sister.

Right before I turned around he pulled into a hug and whispered cooly into my ear “And you ain’t never gotta worry bout that shit being pulled again now that I know you Chasity older sister. She like a little sister to me and I could never let anything happen to her  plus I see something in you I like.” As he pulled away he stared me right in the eyes and I could sense that what he just said was true and sincere. That he would protect me and Chass.