These Bright Lights

I woke up, and kept my eyes closed ,as always. I walked to the front room.

"Please please please" I whispered to myself.. I was hoping that when I opened the curtains it would be daylight, I pulled them open and felt the warmth on my skin. A smile erupted on my face.

"Yes! I slept through the night!" I spun around happily! Then found my way back to my bed.

I grabbed my phone, my pager, and iPod. Then I headed back to the main room.

I sat down and starting doing my stretches and daily meditation. After 20 minutes or so, I stop. I know because I had an alarm to alert me.

I basically have no sense of time. I got up to find some coffee. I glided my hand along my cabinets.

feeling along the edge for the third one, which held all the coffee mugs. I grabbed one and drank some coffee. I took the 45 steps exact, to my art room.

Everything in my house had to be in it's exact place or I couldn't find it. I would then end up having to call Mikey and have him look for it.

I got my phone out swiftly."Siri, call Mikey the annoying for me please." I chuckled lightly at the Nick name, He could be annoying at sometimes.

"Calling Mikey the annoying." The phone had replied back.

"Hello? Mikey here." He said through the phone in a singsong voice.

"Little bro! Guess who slept through the entire night!" I said with excitement.

"Oh my gosh Gee! That's amazing! Hey, You have any plans for today?" He asked.

"Ah, Yes! I was going to work on the painting and maybe stop by the gallery and check on my exhibit." I explained to him.

"Oh! Do you need me to come?"

"No because you only want to come to check out the attractive tour guide, And frankly I wouldn't even know if he is that attractive or not." I chuckled at my own wit.

"Well just be careful Gerard, and call me when you get back. yeah?"

"Okay Mikes. Or should I say mom?" I heard laughter from the other end.

"Okay well bye Gee!"

"Oh Mikey, wait!" I called out desperately.

"Yeah, Gee?"

"You have that show tonight, yeah? Please, please, I want to come too! Don't leave with out me!" I pleaded.

"Okay Gee. Love ya!"

I hung up and smiled, it was time to paint. I had all my paints lined up perfectly like everything else in my house.

Everything had to have its place. If my memory serves me right the colors were lined up on the lip of my easel in the order of red, pink, blue, green, yellow, purple, orange and black.

To the left of my easel there were more paints, some of the non primary and these were oil based, not acrylics. To my right there were brushes and markers galore in cups, fluffy end up so I could feel what I had.

On the far left I had more canvases and some sketch books and to the far right I had some drawing supplies, all over the walls I had my art in finished form.

Mikey helped me get this in this exact order, so I had to be very precise with it. So he didn't have to come help me reorganize.

I sighed and felt the canvas. What did I want this to be? Speak to me canvas. I tried to focus on what energy I was getting from it.