A Deep Talk

The next morning I wake up and see that Jackson was still asleep. I smile and sneak out of his arms covering him up to his neck. I walk to my closet and grab some clothes and then go to the shower. Getting a nice warm shower I get dressed in a nice flannel shirt, jean shorts, red converses, and lastly I braided a small bit of my hair and made the rest into a low messy bun. I grab my phone and write Jackson a quick letter saying I was going out. I walk down stairs and look around and see that my mom was asleep on the couch as she was watching a movie. I smile and watch her sleep for a bit and sigh thinking, 'She's always been there for me. I'm going to repay her soon. I promise you mom.' I walk out and to the local library. When I get there I go to one of the computers and put in to the search bar 'Local collages.' Just then a school that really popped out to me was Florida's School of Visual Arts and Designs. I smiled and clicked on that reading almost everything on the page. I printed out everything I needed to know and how to get to it. I smiled and walked out, but then someone from a nearby alley called me over. Slowly walking over I saw it was Jackson's brother Carter. He looked at me with sadden eyes and I really felt like there was a piece of good in him. He motions me over and he had a thing of lilies mixed with roses in his hand. He takes a breath and looks at me, "H-Hey...can you please come with me to...to see Lacy's grave?" I look at him and his eyes were glassy. Eyes like that would make any girl melt even if they had a boyfriend or not. I sigh and nod, "I guess I can. But I have to be home before my father gets home. I want him to see the collage I picked out." He smiles a bit and nods, "Okay. Thank you Max. You're a real help. I couldn't face her grave without someone else that knew her." I nod and he holds out his hand. I take it and just then we were in front of Lacy's grave. Many colorful flowers were already there. I walk over and I sit down in front of the grave thinking about the crazy things we did together. Cater puts the flowers in the front by her name and he sits down beside me, "She was the first one to talk to me when I first came to Earth those years ago." I look over at him and nod, "I know how you feel. When I first moved into the neighborhood nobody and I mean nobody would talk to me. The only time people would talk to me was when I would get picked on. But one day while I was getting pushed around she came out of nowhere with a teacher and it all stopped. I mean the days she didn't go to school I would get hit or slammed into lockers, but she was my angel. She even saved me from myself." I smile wiping some tears away. Carter nods and sighs, "I'm sorry. It was me how told her to say away from you. To be real I thought when ever she said the name Max I thought she was talking about another guy." I smile and chuckle, "Yeah I get that a lot." He looks at me and smiles, "My little brother is lucky to have a girl like you," he then frowns "But I have to warn you. My master, the Devil. He's coming after you, and when he give me an order I must do it or I'll die. Anything bad I do in the future I am deeply sorry." I look up at him and nod. He smiles and sighs, "Well lets got you home. We don't want Jackson to go crazy now do we?" I laugh and nod. In a flash of darkness I appear back in front of my house. I walk in and sigh, "Okay. Let's get this over with. 

After I explained everything to my parents and Jackson they all looked at me like I was crazy. My father was the first to talk, "Max, why do you want to go to this school so much?" I take a breath and look at him, "Dad, I've wanted to do movies and stuff with art ever since I was little. Why can't you except that?" He sighs, "Because I wanna make sure that you do something that'll keep you and you're future family a float." I groan and turn away, "Dad you never help me see though with my dreams...why can't you expect this one?!" I sniff and run up to my room slamming the door shut. 

                                                                                           **Jackson's P.O.V.**

I sigh and watch her run out of the room. Her dad covers his face with his hands and mumble, "I just want her to be happy and safe for her future. Why can't she see that, Carly?" Her mom stands up and shrugs, "I don't know Conner, but maybe she's right this time. This is her dream." He sighs and nods, "I know. I know. I'm happy she's going and that's how its going to be for a while. I'm going to help her reach this dream Carly. If its's the last thing I do." I smile and walk up to the room Max and I share so I can tell her the good news, but when I get there I see that the room is darker then normal. I walk over to the bed and move the blankets but all I see is a pillow sitting where she should be. Then it hits me. Carter took her, and it's up to me to get her back.